Open arms for new fans !

Speaking of new fans, I bumped into Phill the power Tailer having pictures taken on the north stand starewell !! Think he was going up to north hospitality,, now I thought he was Port Vale or Stoke fan..... Had to look twice coz he looked a bit scruffy tbh...

MCFC 4 EVER said:
KansasCITY said:
DruntBlunt said:
How nice. Considered saving a week of my holiday, scrape together some hard earned money, ask my local branch of the supporters club to reserve me a ticket, buy a plane ticket, order a hotel room - sometime next season. Guess i shouldn't bother then since I'm not a manc.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

yeah, what a stupid comment to make. Surely if I'm willing to travel all the way from Kansas for a game that makes me a real fan? But appearently not.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
I am not referring to what you think I am referring to, I am as I have posted just now referring to those fans who live in foreign countries and didn't have a clue that we existed before the takeover, who don't know and don't care about our past and are only supporting us for the money
I have no problem with fans who live in foreign countries supporting us as long as they are lifelong blues and not just glory hunters who support us for the money
Problem is that being a top European team means having lots and lots of what you normally refer to as plastic fans. We need them for our revenue. The owners won't keep on pumping money into our coffers for ever. So we should accept them as a necessary evil but turn them away when they (we) make our pilgrimage to Mecca? Can't have it both ways you know. Big or small, York or Barca?

No one can stop any one from supporting a club. Is Maradona a plastic now because he was not here 10 years ago? What of all the Italians due to Balotelli or the French due to Nasri and Cliche?

Football is a business first and though it may rub some fans the wrong way because they have been spending their hard earned money at the club for years. NONE OF YOU OWN IT. The first rule in business is expand the brand the brand that is Manchester City is expanding. Yesterday I saw flags all round where I live and before I was the only City supporter as everyone is Arse/Chelse/Yoonited.

I welcome any one who respects the club and respects me and when a game is watched by BILLIONS of people how can you hold them back? They are coming deal with it. We are the best club in the most watch league in the world forget the old days. We are son to be the biggest club in England. Maradona the worlds greatest ever player supports us FFS and some muppets are complaining?

Those whiny cunts are the ones I DONT WANT.

DruntBlunt said:
MCFC 4 EVER said:
KansasCITY said:
yeah, what a stupid comment to make. Surely if I'm willing to travel all the way from Kansas for a game that makes me a real fan? But appearently not.

I am not referring to what you think I am referring to, I am as I have posted just now referring to those fans who live in foreign countries and didn't have a clue that we existed before the takeover, who don't know and don't care about our past and are only supporting us for the money
I have no problem with fans who live in foreign countries supporting us as long as they are lifelong blues and not just glory hunters who support us for the money
Problem is that being a top European team means having lots and lots of what you normally refer to as plastic fans. We need them for our revenue. The owners won't keep on pumping money into our coffers for ever. So we should accept them as a necessary evil but turn them away when they (we) make our pilgrimage to Mecca? Can't have it both ways you know. Big or small, York or Barca?

Yes, we need them for the money, as I said I don't have a problem with fans who buy the shirts, hats, bags and all the other merchandise but I don't find it right that these so called fans who only support us for the money get in to matches instead of loyal blues who maybe can't afford a season ticket but have always supported us and always will
And also as I said I don't have a problem with fans like you who live in other countries just as long as they are true blues

I say welcome all with open arms but educate them. We may well be entering an era of domination and challenging for the major prizes at the top table, but provided the existing blues that remember the dark days ensure they pass on those memories in a passionate or humorous manner as I did with my son, then we will always remember our past. It may not have always been glorious but it was ours and it's made us what we are today.
My son will be 18 this year and although he has done Maine rd and seen promotion and some tripe in those years his really formative years have been of regular improvement and growing success. This has bred a fan who loves City and goes into every game expecting a win with no fear or trepidation no matter who the opponent. He has however been educated enough to know where we came from and the misery and abuse our older fans have had to persevere to get us to where he is now. I think his attitude is actually what we need going forwards for success and it is me that needs to change, even last night with 5 to go I found myself thinking "these bastards haven't even had a shot at Joe, they are going to screw us again in the last minute with a fluke", the thought never entered my boys head and he partied away in the south stand without a care in the world. I want to enjoy the future like that too. I dropped a tear at wembley when we won the cup and after he had finished taking the piss he again understood when I explained that my tears were as much for the fact I had seen City win at Wembley with my Son, an event that at times I thought may never happen, as they were for the victory.
That said, he has told me I've had that moment and he now expects me to lighten up and party like a loon, as he says "when we win the league in a fortnight"

KansasCITY said:
DruntBlunt said:
MCFC 4 EVER said:
I couldn't care less if some twats in America wear our shirts and support us just as long as they don't get anywhere near COMS/Etihad
How nice. Considered saving a week of my holiday, scrape together some hard earned money, ask my local branch of the supporters club to reserve me a ticket, buy a plane ticket, order a hotel room - sometime next season. Guess i shouldn't bother then since I'm not a manc.

Don't let any idiot put you off coming to see a game and continuing to support the team. For every idiot that thinks you can only support City if you were born in Manchester, there are 99 City supporters who will welcome you with open arms.

schfc6 said:
Interesting topic. I too would be gutted if we ended up with girls screaming how much they love City just because we have a 'fit' player or we end up with fans whom have previously followed another club yet will tell anyone who will listen how they've been there for years, before we even won the EPL2011/2012. Finger crossed.

However I have no problem with new fans. Last night on the bus from the ground back to town we sat next to a lad from Abu Dhabi, he had flown in for the game especially and loved every minute of it. He spoke with such admiration for City, the occasion, his admiration for the Sheikh and what he is doing.

He had taken 100's of photo's and lots of film of the game, his day out and seemed a thoroughly decent kid.
I would guess he was in his late 20's and obviously has enough passion for the club to want to spend his money to come and watch us.

After all is his trip not the reason behind the takeover, are we not all supposed to be pulling towards the same goal? A world class football team?
I don't know how others feel, but I was lumbered with being a City fan from the early 80's purely and simply because my Dad was a blue. Yet for years I have hoped, invested my time and money in hoping we could one day be the best.

Now one day we could actually be the best and people want to slag new fans..
Well if the kid I met on the bus from the UAE is anything to go by, I would much prefer to spend the next ten years sat next to him than the miserable bastard I sit next to now, who I can only presume is Didsbury Dave.

To see a guy in England for the first time, watching City live for the first time talking with such passion for the club, the fans and the City made me proud.
I say fuck off to the girls who want to wear 10 'hottie' shirts but welcome with open arms anyone who wants to share my club with so much passion.

Best post ever on Bluemoon!

olly-murs-twitter-1323951031.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.