Opening ceremony

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
FantasyIreland said:
Other than the scouse corpse,that Sandie bird,the Arctic chimps and Dizzee fuckin rascal it was top class - didn't think we'd be capable of a show like that,great job by Boyle.

Who would you have chosen for the live music?

Rolling Stones,Blur,Take That,Tom Jones,Leona Lewis.

Kept Dizzee,even though i think he's wank,he's no worse than the other options in his brand of 'music'

I agree that the Stones were under-represented - just a brief burst of Satisfaction and that was it - especially considering this is their 50th anniversary.

A nice touch would have maybe been Mick performing with the Monkeys for their second song (Start Me Up perhaps?) seeing as though that section was all about the handing over the torch from the old to the new.

But we have no way of knowing if the band were asked to perform and declined so no gripes here.

(Same goes for Blur or The Who - imagine Daltrey changing it to 'Your' Generation. That could have worked ace)

Mayor West said:
Not that I'm saying he is doing a nazi salute, but of course it looks like one.
The Nazi salute uses the right arm and is held still, not left arm and moving from side to side in a waving motion. Without scratching his arse he couldn't be doing less of a Nazi salute.

Here's some German lads demonstrating for you:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iyn8AJ6Sigo[/youtube]

History cannot hide the fact that there has been an enormous amount of suffering inflicted on those that simply wish to get by.

The ceremony exposed the failings and indeed highlighted the very simple fact that the pursuit of wealth has ruined and will eventually destroy what is our simple yet pleasant way of life.

Observe that we currently exist in a world where there is mass division yet we more than anything seek a life of no conflict - the desire to simply get by, without exploitation, without conflict, but to enjoy ones days without the threat of personal and communal conflict must be our aim.

Loved it, thought it was creative. Just a shame they didn't do anything on the wars haha maybe an air raid siren would of suffice!

Evil Roy Slade said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Evil Roy Slade said:
but to enjoy ones days without the threat of personal and communal conflict must be our aim.

Probably best to log off now then mate.

I've just made a cheese sandwich

In that case you enjoy your butty mate - I doubt a cheese sandwich will result in widespread civil unrest and ethnic cleansing,although early Saturday evening can be a tough crowd in the Cellar.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.