Operation One End

One of the German fans had a megaphone and he used that to lead the singing. Perhaps that should be our next plan. Operation megaphone.....

Puppet Master Silva said:
I think the level 3 boys came down to ensure they don't lose their seat in future ;)

Seriously though if that lot tried as hard at creating an atmosphere then they do whinging constantly on here it might improve.
fuck off you prick

minimalistic said:
It's time to put it to bed. Majority of noise came from the Bayern fans. Infact the sung throughout the entire match and were well co-ordinated.

"Well co-ordinated". They brought along Drums, megaphones and choreography, I wouldn`t be surprised if they had song sheets as well but most of them will already know the words to The Smurf song and By the rivers of Babylon.

I am a better supporter because I sing on matchdays ;)

seriously... think about it..... as humans we all in one way or another follow the leader. Whether you are a institutionalised person or a free radical there is someone you look to for leadership. With that in mind people find it very hard in public places to start singing songs for fear of dissaproval, tone and or the wrong words. They will join in when 100's of others do so they feel part of a clan or cult as such. Now if city really want to get it loud then they should look to people as fans who are willing to branch off into areas where the fans want to sing and get them going.No use putting them in a stand and then saying go on try join in lads looking to the south satand and 111 to start singing. There is one two maybe 3 main figure heads to any party movement etc and you have seen that with european away teams ffs aries brought a bleeding drum kit to the game last year.

This will be the only way to get the atmosphere going and rocking again. New breeds of fans younger more reserved. You cannot just say... you laugh at my jokes but you are quiet therefore you cannot listen to them can you to a friend? so why be angry if a city fans only feel comfortable as part of a crowd singing not just the only 1 on the row?

Being filled with ale helps on big games too. We have been poor by our standards because we are getting used to watching some great football not just singing to lift the boys play some better than mediorce football.

Take a leaf out of the foreign fans. Make sure all the people that will sing in a group to be sat together and get them ones who will start it and keep it flowing in there with them. But away fans being next to home ans gives a better banter feel about the singing and its all about "my teams better than yours" "our songs are better than yours"

Shoot me my comments down.
They may not even make sense but I want to put my opinion across as a blue who likes to sing songs and be part of a bunch of city fans enjoying singing for their club!

marks out of ten for operation one end

article-1231786-076518D7000005DC-160_468x331.jpg

It was a disarrrrster darling

cant understand you knobs on here why does the so called singin stand need away supporters next to em to sing or usually abuse them,bayern fans made a noise,when seasoncards are sold in that area nexy year the atmosphere will get better,nothing better than city scoring at that end and celebrating behind that goal like silva did last night,keep the away support out of the way in the gods in my view and to the spotty kids in the southstand you can still sing and back the team you know

Absolute dog shit as I knew it would be. Hopefully this will put it to bed once and for all, terrible.

Could possibly be worth one more go making sure the singing section and south stand are put next to each other, however no matter what anyone says, moving the away fans kills the atmosphere. You only have to look at games now, where the quality of the away fans dictates the quality of the home fans.

I would add, that moving the away fans did make their support less affective.

musters said:
cant understand you knobs on here why does the so called singin stand need away supporters next to em to sing or usually abuse them,bayern fans made a noise,when seasoncards are sold in that area nexy year the atmosphere will get better,nothing better than city scoring at that end and celebrating behind that goal like silva did last night,keep the away support out of the way in the gods in my view and to the spotty kids in the southstand you can still sing and back the team you know

There is a myth that the atmosphere at Maine Road was always fantastic and that is what we are trying to re-create.
I don't know how old you are, so have no idea if you were ever a reg at Maine Road, but I can say that the atmosphere has nearly always been created by the magnitude of the game and our reaction to the number/noise of the opposition supporters
The best atmospheres I encountered at Maine Road were when the opposition had the whole of the old Platt Lane, but that was when the Kippax was standing.

Atmosphere is shite 90% of the time full stop. Despite all the ticker tape, blue stadium, flag days, move away fan nonsense.
The only thing that makes atmosphere is excitement ie Hamburg game. The odd derby etc.
At present the game is made to look easy and therefore not as tense, maybe the next month with the fixtures we have we will see the true atmosphere come to the fore.
Until then give up with the shite, atmosphere is a natural reaction and can not be manufactured.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.