Operation One End

I think the level 3 boys came down to ensure they don't lose their seat in future ;)

Seriously though if that lot tried as hard at creating an atmosphere then they do whinging constantly on here it might improve.

marios stress ball said:
Would much rather the away fans be in 121 area. Then we will have one end and fans to 'vibe off. Also the whole south stand would be able to see the fatties.

this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br /><br />-- Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:48 am --<br /><br />we also need to look at ourselves, the atmosphere at city is quite frankly fucking wank at the moment if we don't score early on, it only comes round when we score.

people around me stand all game but only sing once we score in 116, get a fucking grip and cheer the lads on FFS. i'm forever chanting "come on city" but no fucker joins in.

no more operation one end thank you. looking forward to an atmosphere that doesn't revolve around jumping up and down after we've scored a goal.

Yeah, I was in favour of giving it another chance as it deserved one because against Villarreal everyone was deflated by their early goal.

But it didn't work... certainly when the South Stand did sing it was louder but there was a disappointingly small amount of songs from the singing areas. I also don't believe having the Munich fans sat next to City fans would have made a difference unless City fans are fluent in German to get in on the banter with them.

The much anticipated party atmosphere was non-existent tonight just like it was when the club tried to arrange it against I think Napoli. I think the only way we'll have a mega atmosphere again is against the rags or in situations where we're up against the wall and either losing or underdogs in a match (ie. Real or Barca at the Etihad). We weren't underdogs tonight despite being up against a bigger club because of their weakened lineup and negative approach. We're already starting to see one of the drawbacks of being a club that wins a lot and is successful (or will be). I just hope we don't end up with a dead atmosphere like The Museum (rags) and The Library (Arsenal).

Sat in 113 tonight, normally sit in 204. I mean none of what follows as a criticism, however people want to support the team is their business, sing, don't sing, stand, sit, do what you want, although it's hard to see how feeding beef to a pig helps.

The singing is poor. It's fragmented and short in duration. There aren't enough songs. If there had been a contest between our singing section and Bayern's it would've been stopped at half time to spare our lads further punishment. Their songs went on much longer and were louder and their fans seemed more determined to carry on singing. A lot of the lads near me would sing a few lines then piss about with their phones, trying to take a picture, then go quiet for a while.
The singing seemed contrived to a certain extent - people just singing a line or two because they felt obliged to.

------------------------------------------

That said the CL atmosphere is bound to be extra shit due to all the tourists and bourgeois types who are only there to stargaze.

------------------------------------------

This doesn't kill operation one end at all. Most operation one enders are young men who get enjoyment from posturing at the opposition fans and equate a few dozen lads singing abusive songs at each other with atmosphere.

A bouncing atmosphere occurs when the whole fucking ground is on it's feet singing City songs a la Hamburg. The location and volume of the away fans is irrelevant.

Stick em in level 3, where they provide no succour to the away team

Anyone see the movement of the third tier when the Bayern fans were jumping around. Was visibly moving. I know there should be flex but I didn't think so visible.

DD said:
Embarrassing support tonight. There's not a team in Europe who wouldn't be jealous of our resources and quality in depth in squad, yet there's not one of them who would not get behind their team better than we did tonight.

Quite frankly, our support has been disgusting this season. If we don't score early then everyone sits there like a set of cardboard cut-outs until we do. We then have thirty seconds of Poznan, two minutes of songs and then get back to being a set of waxwork models again.

I tried (fruitlessly) to get them going for a bit in our block then just gave it up as a bad job.

What has happened to us? Spoiled?

All as I know is that we have been lambasted at several away game of late for being the "worst" supporters they have seen for some while and I agree with them.

European fans in particular must come to our place and laugh their socks off at us for the pathetic level of support we give our team.

Do we deserve the team we have now? The fans of a decade ago probably did but not anymore.

Exactly, the 'support' is pretty laughable. It doesn't work because people want to look like an extra from Green Street Hooligans rather than make some noise.

The best way to improve the atmosphere is to stop throwing wanker signs at opposition fans and MAKE SOME NOISE.

No more of this type of Operation One Fail please. I said from the start it wouldn't work and I was one of the new people who bothered to try as I've relocated to 114 for the three we've had. For it to 'work'. 111-109 would have to have be placed en-masse in the current away blocks and the away blocks then be 111 to wherever. If that can't be done, leave as is.<br /><br />-- Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:00 am --<br /><br />
LoveCity said:
I also don't believe having the Munich fans sat next to City fans would have made a difference unless City fans are fluent in German to get in on the banter with them.

The much anticipated party atmosphere was non-existent tonight just like it was when the club tried to arrange it against I think Napoli. I think the only way we'll have a mega atmosphere again is against the rags or in situations where we're up against the wall and either losing or underdogs in a match (ie. Real or Barca at the Etihad). We weren't underdogs tonight despite being up against a bigger club because of their weakened lineup and negative approach. We're already starting to see one of the drawbacks of being a club that wins a lot and is successful (or will be). I just hope we don't end up with a dead atmosphere like The Museum (rags) and The Library (Arsenal).
#1 Most Germans speak English.
#2 Our lack of Polish and Greek translators didn't stop us against Poznan and Aris.

Anticipated? Hoped more like. I don't think anyone was expecting it.

Santiago Street . said:
This doesn't kill operation one end at all. Most operation one enders are young men who get enjoyment from posturing at the opposition fans and equate a few dozen lads singing abusive songs at each other with atmosphere.
I think your entire post is wrong but this just doesn't make sense. It contradicts itself in the same sentence.<br /><br />-- Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:04 am --<br /><br />
rhysmcfc said:
Exactly, the 'support' is pretty laughable. It doesn't work because people want to look like an extra from Green Street Hooligans rather than make some noise.

The best way to improve the atmosphere is to stop throwing wanker signs at opposition fans and MAKE SOME NOISE.
Agreed, it's the guys who look like Victor Meldrew who make all the noise, not our Green Streets.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.