Opposition view: Liverpool

Marvin said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Marvin said:
An awful lot of complacency here. We've won one title. Liverpool have won 5 European Cups.

This Liverpool may not be the same team, but if we go to Anfield with the same midfield that played against Soton they will eat us for breakfast. If De Jong is sold then Mancini will be fired by Christmas and Liverpool will be laughing at us.

We are vulnerable at the moment and it's all self-inflicted

Your posts get more lugubrious by the day.
I think bemused sums it up better. I was sad when we sold Francis but I knew we were skint . But we've just won the title for the first time in 44 years. I don't understand what's happening. We should be on the threshold of a City era especially when you see what's happening at Utd and Chelsea, but no we seem intent on throwing it all away

I think our owners deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Given where we were four years ago (facing administration and probable relegation) and where we find ourselves today, as Champions, I am astonished that every City fan doesn't agree with me.

JOGAMIGMOG said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
They were fuck all until the mid-60's. We won the FA Cup 60 years before they did and a European trophy 2 years before them. To put it the other way round, how long is it before you're not a "big club" anymore? A season in the Championship would bring the deluded idiots down to earth with a big bump.

This bit also made me laugh:
Liverpool are struggling to adapt to Rodgers’s style of play.

Liverpool are struggling to play football full stop. I'll be seriously annoyed if we don't beat that shower of shite on Sunday.

I remember your blog, PB after visiting Anfield last season and you were quite complimentary towards them then. What's changed?
I don't have a blog (unless you mean one I wrote on here) and I don't remember writing anything like that.

I did used to admire Liverpool and do feel sorry for any club who have been shafted by their owners like they were. They were a great club and awesome to watch, particularly in the mid-late 1970's.

But I found that piece by the Liverpool fan quite annoying & patronising. "You're not a big club like we are" This concept of a "big club" is nonsense anyway but the fact is that we'll be playing in the CL every season and they won't. We could well win the league again this season and they certainly won't.

It reminded me of my grandma's cousin by marriage, who was an East End girl from a poor family who married very well (to the man who invented the electronic scoreboard). She went everywhere first class on the company but when he died, all that stopped. So when she came on the train to Manchester she travelled second class but walked up to first class to get off when the train came in. And that's the attitude of Liverpool fans. They're travelling in second class but want everyone to think they're really in first.

I was looking at a thread on RAWK about what other fans think of them. They all realised other fans laughed at them but couldn't understand why. Well they could actually. It was because fans of other clubs were ignorant and knew nothing about football really (whereas tyhey of course did).

We couldn't see what a truly great manager Benitez was and just claimed he pissed away loads of money on poor players and, apart from a fluke in Istanbul, won nothing. Whereas they knew what a legend he was.

And none of us really understood what happened in the Suarez affair and why Dalglish was right to protect him so vehemently because we all just believed the media sensationalisation of it but they all know for an absolute fact that he quite clearly never made a racist comment to Evra and we're all too stupid to see it.

And none of us understand what great footballers Downing and Carroll are and once they've got an understanding going then Downing will be popping over pinpoint crosses that Carroll will bang in. And we laugh at the £35m paid but if Steven Fletcher is worth £12m then £35m's a bargain for Carroll.

Anyone who dares speak the truth on there - that they're an upper mid-table club for who a good season is a Europa League place, who have clueless owners and have bought a pile of crap for far more than they should have - is banned.

LOLerpool fan in living in the past shocker.

I hope we absolutely murder them on Sunday.

As another poster already mentioned they need a spell in the second tier the deluded fools...

Marvin said:
An awful lot of complacency here. We've won one title. Liverpool have won 5 European Cups.

This Liverpool may not be the same team, but if we go to Anfield with the same midfield that played against Soton they will eat us for breakfast. If De Jong is sold then Mancini will be fired by Christmas and Liverpool will be laughing at us.

Mancini bit was a tad OTT but i'm glad I'm not the only one who's worried about Nige. I like Rodwell but nigel wouldnt have let soton have so much of the ball on Sunday. I'll feel better when i see him and barry in front of the back four leaving the others to go and get us some goals.

Reading that he sounds a right miserable twat. Really hope we do one over them on Sunday we need to get over the whole "bogey" team and Anfield curse.

I've wanted us to demolish Liverpool since last season and the sending off, all there dirty players.....

Still hope it's a good game but wouldnt say no to a bit of 4-5 nil.

Nasri will do sumat, wonder who will get the go ahead, balotelli or dzeko?

Agger out
Skrtel looks like he has been smashing the crack pipe over the summer
Suarez still being a ****
Midfield still extremely poor
Played Hearts in Europe on Thursday and looked poor (shame it wasn't in Romania and they played a reserve side)

I fancy our chances even with King Sergio I out

I agree with PB

The condescending attitude of the writer is prevalent

City 'trying' to be a big club

He clearly thinks football is only thirty years old.

A dose of reality is needed at the old dear, several more seasons of mediocrity should suit them to a tee

Marvin said:

We've won three league titles.

he actually described rodgers as a " terrific hire ".. now no self respecting scouse would ever use that terminology...what the fuck is that all about ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.