CTID Chris said:
If only platt had the City badge tattooed on his forehead at birth, and wanked over our team and performances for years on sky; then we could all welcome him with open arms.

Or we could all try not to be such closed minded tits and welcome him to the club. Innocent until proven guilty... right?

Have you not seen all those quotes on here from him stating how much he hates us?

Oh ;-)

CTID Chris said:
If only platt had the City badge tattooed on his forehead at birth, and wanked over our team and performances for years on sky; then we could all welcome him with open arms.

Or we could all try not to be such closed minded tits and welcome him to the club. Innocent until proven guilty... right?

I'd say guilty till proven innocent with his track record ;-)

Didsbury Dave said:
Why do people say "You've got to trust the management"? Are you all lemmings are something?

In all my time supporting City i've seen innumerable shit managerial decisions and appointments.

And that includes over recent years.

In fairness DD, we are now in a different sphere. Platt joining us is not going to implode our chance of winning the PL.
Its not a deal breaker or a reason to be up in arms, if he doesnt perform he'll be shown the door, just like everyone else.
Or is this just an opportunity to have a moan amongst the amazing positive position we are in.

Cheesy said:
simmers said:
Cos when he's been a pundit on our games he didn't say we were dead good, also when asked if we'd make it into the top 4 he didn't say yes which really upset some people as all pundits have to love City.

Very good & oh so very true ;-)

Load of bollocks! had his comments about City been as tame as this the appointment wouldn't be getting the outpouring of feeling it's getting.

Blue Lloyd said:
Ticket For Schalke said:
Comments like that will want to make him take jobs like this, to prove people wrong like you, and i bloody hope he does.

But you will totally ignore the comment I made above regardless?

If you cant see im in quite alot of debates with people, so sorry i didnt comment on your whole post, i was just making a point, not entering a discussion.

Some dont like him because he's a rag, Some dont like him because of his alledged "hatred" for our club.

Blue Lloyd said:
Cheesy said:
Very good & oh so very true ;-)

Load of bollocks! had his comments about City been as tame as this the appointment wouldn't be getting the outpouring of feeling it's getting.

What comments? Apart from the 'gravy train' one (which let's face it, there's some truth in).

Didsbury Dave said:
Ticket For Schalke said:
[
Franny Lee, toilet roll millionaire.
Mansour - Very very clever businessman, who has made astonomical amounts.

its unfair to compare the past with the situation the club finds itself in today.

Is it?

Franny Lee had significantly more experience of football than the Shiekh, the chairman and Cook.

All they have is cash, that's it

And their record of managerial decisions is questionable so far in my opinion.
I agree. Some of their mistakes have come from being too well intentioned imo.

That said, I think it's still fair to say they're better operators than Franny.

Re Platt, the 'he hates City' stuff is cringeworthy-albeit understandable. Overall I'd say there are worries that it's jobs for the boys, but I do think, as I said earlier, that he may have useful experience bridging the divide between Italian and English footballing cultures. To be honest as an outsider it's pretty much impossible to judge someone's credentials for this type of role as there's such a paucity of information.

Didsbury Dave said:
shadygiz said:
nice one, so where do you rate platts ability then?

I've posted several times. His track record worries me.

me too.....it's the unrest that he also seems to carry around with him that worries me...we have had enough unrest in the last 2 years.

I presume that we are trying to build a siege mentality (us v them) within the team. With platts recent views being totally against city's new found fortune and to some extent labelling the very players he is now trying to work with, how do you think platt will be accepted or fit into the club.

And if there are any fallings out between players and coaches, would you expect the management to side with coaches and get rid of the troublsome players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.