Cheesy said:
I've asked this several times now & I'd genuinely like an answer...

Apart from the 'gravy train' quote (& I'm sorry, but there was some truth in that at the time), does anyone have any direct comments from Platt in which he slags City off?

No because if you look back through the thread ( I have already commented on this) we weren't ever expected to be put in the situation when we would have to copy and paste it on Bluemoon to justify it. But he has sat in both the Sky & ESPN studios and slagged us off. Pretenders, plastic, Gravy train are three phrases he's used that immediately spring to mind.

Blue Lloyd said:
Cheesy said:

Apart from the 'gravy train' quote (& I'm sorry, but there was some truth in that at the time), does anyone have any direct comments from Platt in which he slags City off?

No because if you look back through the thread ( I have already commented on this) we weren't ever expected to be put in the situation when we would have to copy and paste it on Bluemoon to justify it. But he has sat in both the Sky & ESPN studios and slagged as off. Pretenders, plastic, Gravy train are three phrases he's used that immediately spring to mind.

Always expect the unexpected BL.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Cheesy said:

And it's been answered lots of times. He's works in live media not print therefore these things are difficult if not impossible to produce. But are you saying we're all suffering from hallucinations or mass hysteria?

But let's be charitable and accept that many pundits like to be deliberately controversial or reflect what they think their paymasters want to hear. Even so, what is there in his past career that justifies his appointment to a team aiming to be a European superpower?

And by the same token, I ask you to show me the proof of the past career of Battaga as he first joined Inter in the same situation.

Damocles said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
And it's been answered lots of times. He's works in live media not print therefore these things are difficult if not impossible to produce. But are you saying we're all suffering from hallucinations or mass hysteria?

But let's be charitable and accept that many pundits like to be deliberately controversial or reflect what they think their paymasters want to hear. Even so, what is there in his past career that justifies his appointment to a team aiming to be a European superpower?

And by the same token, I ask you to show me the proof of the past career of Battaga as he first joined Inter in the same situation.
Who? Is he relevant to City? If not I don't give a flying fuck.

Do you mean Roberto Bettega? If so he's not a coach but more of a director.

Prestwich_Blue said:
halpo123 said:
do you think our clubs that badly run that we`d let that red **** put our tracksuit on
if he couldn`t coach .i`m sure we know what we`re doing
I am questioning how this appointment got through Cook & Marwood. If wewere buying a striker who had only scored 6 goals in 3 seasons and/or was often injured then they'd check his record and question it. Which is what Bernie did with Fowler.

I'm saying there is nothing in Pratt's record to justify this appointment (other than he's a mate of Mancini's) and it should have been heavily questioned. So yes, I do worry about how the club is run.
fair enough but you need to balance it out,we`ve also made a lot of good decisions.
If we cant trust them now !well i fear for the future

shadygiz said:
Cheesy said:

very little exists mate, as much of it was done as either a pundit commentating on our game or as a studio pundit for sky.

heres a thread that was started after a game he commentated on back in february.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=108312" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=11&t=108312</a>

To be fair mate there's not much in there. We all hear far worse slaggings off of our club from our own fans ;-)

-- Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:22 pm --

Prestwich_Blue said:
Cheesy said:

I can honestly say that I've not heard much slagginf off from him towards City. Either way, that argument is pretty redundant for me. He was employed as a pundit as you say, & we all know what their job is.

Now, I do get your other point :-) All I can counter that with is that I trust Mancini to do what is best for City. He knows Platt's qualities better than anyone on this board so I'm going to trust his judgment for now.

I don't care about him "slagging off" city as he's a pundit doing his job, he isn't there to sing Blue Moon.

I'm sure I remember him as the co-commentator on one of our games and I thought he was clueless. Really clueless.

I can't remember which one, though. Did he work for ESPN?<br /><br />-- Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:40 am --<br /><br />
lancs blue said:
25 pages when we sign David Silva, 66 pages for a minor coaching appointment.

Only at City.

Yes, because we are the worst supporters in the land aren't we? (rolls eyes)

By the way, there are 578 pages on Silva on the transfer forum

Fucking terrible appointment. As others have said, I vividly remember him slagging City off WHENEVER he was pundit. Plus what exactly are his coaching credentials...what top teams has he worked with...

Ah well, others suggested this would happen when Mancini was appointed...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.