OS: If You Don’t Attend 10 PL Home Games, You Could Lose Your Season Ticket The Following Season

But the club more often than not sell all of the day tickets they have available and thus the game is a ‘sell out’, however around 3-4,000 seats remain empty on average per game. Those are SC’s with people not turning up.

A lot of the empty seats are corporate tickets/ given away to staff members, who then don’t show up. There’s a big block in the family stand corner that’s empty most weeks

and what happens if you are able to get a late shift change to attend the match? speaking personally the reason I have a season ticket is to go to games, not to sell the thing online because you might not be able to get a swap at work
Me too mate. But when I can’t go, I stick it on the exchange and let a fellow Blue have the opportunity to watch the game. All the club are asking is that you either attend or try and sell half the games you are entitled to. It’s hard to understand any criticism of what they have done.

Knowing someone fairly high up on this side of things at the club, I think your cynicism is probably misplaced mate. The club very much care about the empty seats on show during sell outs and the whole ‘Emptyhad’ thing.
Well ask them why blocks of ten or more seats are left empty in parts of the ground.
That can’t be due to someone not attending lower games and not putting their ticket on the exchange. They are down to the club.

I have a season card which I don’t use as I live in Canada. My sister uses it and never misses a game.

I just got an email from the Club saying “we missed you” for the Spurs game. I asked my sister and she definitely went to the game. She says as she took the lift to level 3 she didn’t go through a turnstile so (I am guessing) the ticket was not recorded as being used.

Has anyone else heard of this ? How do I convince the club the ticket was used ?

Thanks

Well ask them why blocks of ten or more seats are left empty in parts of the ground.
That can’t be due to someone not attending lower games and not putting their ticket on the exchange. They are down to the club.
Exactly this they are trying to blame the ordinary Joe while turning a blind eye to the bigger problem they’ve caused the themselves

I advocated this a few years back to great uproar. Glad to see the club is only 7 years behind the trends

I have a season card which I don’t use as I live in Canada. My sister uses it and never misses a game.

I just got an email from the Club saying “we missed you” for the Spurs game. I asked my sister and she definitely went to the game. She says as she took the lift to level 3 she didn’t go through a turnstile so (I am guessing) the ticket was not recorded as being used.

Has anyone else heard of this ? How do I convince the club the ticket was used ?

Thanks
Surely she scanned the ticket somewhere unless she jibbed in?

Seen the questionnaire city sent out today and the impact of the new ticket exchange changes and one of the comments underneaths from Babs8 reads:

I think this is a dreadful change. I have had a season ticket 40+ years and used to attend every league and cup home game. Now I am disabled and have a wheelchair space. I would still love to attend every game but it is no longer possible due to very poor health and often not knowing until the day of the match whether I will be fit enough to go. So it is often impossible to use the exchange. Also, as it is a wheelchair section with by definition vulnerable people I don't think it is appropriate to introduce absolute strangers to the section. The last few years I have not managed to make 10 games per season and cold evenings are impossible because of my health but it is not because I don't want or can't be bothered to go, it is because my health has made it very difficult. I will continue to get to as many games as I am able but if my renewal is cancelled next season after 40+ years as a season ticket holder I will be furious and no doubt like many others will be making a very strong complaint.

I am not the only person who will be affected by these changes. My Dad is 81 and still gets to most games but his health could affect him and he also cares for my mother who is disabled so her health could affect his attendance.

We are long term City fans (my dad could see the Maine Road pitch from his bedroom window) he has a season ticket, me and my wife do, my brother and his wife do, both my grown up children do (my son is at Sheffield University but returns for games). That kind of loyalty needs to apply both ways regardless of circumstances.

Hopefully their circumstances are considered and we dont hear distressing stories next summer...

Great change and about time.

The club should make the odd exception for those that really can't help it, like the post above but to magnify those and claim the change should be scrapped all together, is grasping at straws.

Let them contact the club if they are concerned, exceptions can be made on a case by case basis for those few people. To stop people abusing the exceptions, they would have to verify what they say though. Maybe there should still be a requirement to let the club know on the day, before a certain time, if they aren't going to make it(what excuse would they have not to do that?). Then a hotline set up for that purpose, so those seats can go on general sale immediately.

Most people missing games and not using the exchange aren't in that boat though and will probably not deserve an exception, lets face it.

They could put it to a vote, see what the majority of season card holders think about this change. Maybe ask if they think it's too firm or not firm enough.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.