Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Demichelis was rated by some as the best cb in La Liga when we signed him. Several of the others similarly rated, seem to be off everyone's radar now.

Mascherano plays cb in LaLiga. It is not the Premier League.

If Denayer doesn't make it as a cb in the Prem, it will be because of his size. Otemendi is smaller & slower & very expensive.

Otamendi smaller than Denayer?

They are both 6ft whilst Otamendi is 12kg heavier 82kg-70kg....Have you showered with them both or something?

Micah can jump 2 ft higher than Nastasic as well.

Evra is great at scoring corners, but he isn't stopping Vincent Kompany or Lescott scoring at the other end. Neither is Otemendi. Nor could he get near Rocky last week even on the ground.

If you are going to have a shortarse cb in the Premier League, you want one with pace.
I'm not sure you've seen enough of Otamendi to be making these ridiculous statements, you seem to be basing it all on one international game and a bizarre assumption that he is about 5 foot 7. He's 6 foot tall, he's really not a "shortarse" and I would back him to stop Lescott and Kompany more often than not, as he's fantastic in the air (which you'd know, if you'd seen him play regularly)

Is your only point of reference the game against Paraguay?

The game vs Paraguay showed Otamendi in a 'City' type situation, like he would face if he played for us, where he has to decide whether to stay in the line or come out, or other times had players running at him, or other times had a big cf to deal with. He was pretty shit in all respects. Decision making, strength, pace etc.

In the Premier League, playing for us, he would face much better players with even less protection. We are letting Rekik go, for these same reasons. We have a kid, who absolutely starred vs France, and got almost all of these things right, as well as some quite brilliant attacking play.

Imo, replacing him with the latest flavour of the month cb, who may turn out to be not good enough anyway, would be a quite tragic mistake.

I'm not sure you've seen enough of Otamendi to be making these ridiculous statements, you seem to be basing it all on one international game and a bizarre assumption that he is about 5 foot 7. He's 6 foot tall, he's really not a "shortarse" and I would back him to stop Lescott and Kompany more often than not, as he's fantastic in the air (which you'd know, if you'd seen him play regularly)

I wouldn't back him to stop either, pretty much ever.

Denayer is 6ft 1 & still a shortarse for a Prem cb imo.

I wouldn't back him to stop either, pretty much ever.

Denayer is 6ft 1 & still a shortarse for a Prem cb imo.
Then you're wrong, congratulations. I have no idea how tall you expect CB's to be, or why you seem to value their height instead of how good they actually are at winning headers, but I know you aren't going to change this weird belief, so there is little point debating it further.

Then you're wrong, congratulations. I have no idea how tall you expect CB's to be, or why you seem to value their height instead of how good they actually are at winning headers, but I know you aren't going to change this weird belief, so there is little point debating it further.

Heading the ball is something I have an interest in, always have, I respect the art of it more than most do these days, so I take note of who does what & how.

Mascherano can play cb every week in LaLiga.

The game vs Paraguay showed Otamendi in a 'City' type situation, like he would face if he played for us, where he has to decide whether to stay in the line or come out, or other times had players running at him, or other times had a big cf to deal with. He was pretty shit in all respects. Decision making, strength, pace etc.

In the Premier League, playing for us, he would face much better players with even less protection. We are letting Rekik go, for these same reasons. We have a kid, who absolutely starred vs France, and got almost all of these things right, as well as some quite brilliant attacking play.

Imo, replacing him with the latest flavour of the month cb, who may turn out to be not good enough anyway, would be a quite tragic mistake.

Every game he plays he's in situations where he has to decide whether to stay in line or come out. So you are just basing your arguments on just one game and the only game of his you've actually watched. Absolutely laughable you're saying he is pretty shit in all respects. You keep banging on his performance against RSC but not his games against Barca and specifically marking Messi and playing against Real Madrid.

Demichelis is only 6 ft the shortarse, he'll never make it in the Premier League. He can kiss his dreams of a League winners medal goodbye.

Koscielny too, he'll never hack it in England and can't head the ball to save his life never mind winning more than 50% of all aerial duels over the course of a season. Which would be more than a towering 6 ft 2 Mangala.

Carvalho only scraped 6 ft and we all know he was wank at Chelsea.

If you're 6ft 1 or under, you're only good in the air because you foul all the time, everybody knows that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.