Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heading the ball is something I have an interest in, always have, I respect the art of it more than most do these days, so I take note of who does what & how.

Mascherano can play cb every week in LaLiga.
Mascherano is 5 foot 8 and plays CB without ever competing for any headers. Otamendi is 6 foot and is absolutely dominant in the air, there is no comparisson whatsoever. Otamendi is fantastic in the air, Mascherano isn't, they both play in completely different ways so I have no idea why you insist on comparing them. He won more headers than pretty much any other defender in La Liga last year, it's one of his biggest strengths.

Mascherano is 5 foot 8 and plays CB without ever competing for any headers. Otamendi is 6 foot and is absolutely dominant in the air, there is no comparisson whatsoever. Otamendi is fantastic in the air, Mascherano isn't, they both play in completely different ways so I have no idea why you insist on comparing them. He won more headers than pretty much any other defender in La Liga last year, it's one of his biggest strengths.
Psssst he's only seen 1 game lol

Demichelis is only 6 ft the shortarse, he'll never make it in the Premier League. He can kiss his dreams of a League winners medal goodbye.

Koscielny too, he'll never hack it in England and can't head the ball to save his life never mind winning more than 50% of all aerial duels over the course of a season. Which would be more than a towering 6 ft 2 Mangala.

Carvalho only scraped 6 ft and we all know he was wank at Chelsea.

If you're 6ft 1 or under, you're only good in the air because you foul all the time, everybody knows that.

You are just being a childish dick, as usual & are pretty worthless in any discussion on football.

Every game he plays he's in situations where he has to decide whether to stay in line or come out. So you are just basing your arguments on just one game and the only game of his you've actually watched. Absolutely laughable you're saying he is pretty shit in all respects. You keep banging on his performance against RSC but not his games against Barca and specifically marking Messi and playing against Real Madrid.

I have only seen Otamendi once ?

Why the fuck would that be the case ? In the 2-2 draw vs Real Madrid, when they were leading 2-0, Madrid put a corner straight into the middle of Valencia's box, exactly where the cb should be, he missed it completely & Pepe scored.

You might be fucking impressed by that, but I'm not.

And don't get snidey with me just because I don't fucking agree with you.

Dave Watson was 5ft 11ins and was one of the best CB's we ever had........and boy could he head a ball.

Indeed he could & much better than the person in question. As could Colin Bell who was also 5ft 11. Two of the best headers of a ball I've ever seen.

Both would be short for a Premier League cb these days, & as most cbs these days are nowhere near as good as those two in the air, most need as much height & build as they can get, in order to make up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.