Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have only seen Otamendi once ?

Why the fuck would that be the case ? In the 2-2 draw vs Real Madrid, when they were leading 2-0, Madrid put a corner straight into the middle of Valencia's box, exactly where the cb should be, he missed it completely & Pepe scored.

You might be fucking impressed by that, but I'm not.

And don't get snidey with me just because I don't fucking agree with you.
Porto and Valencia are top clubs, he's still wanted by top clubs and has a high release clause for a reason. They don't agree with you, stop crying, you don't rate him, move on.

Indeed he could & much better than the person in question. As could Colin Bell who was also 5ft 11. Two of the best headers of a ball I've ever seen.

Both would be short for a Premier League cb these days, & as most cbs these days are nowhere near as good as those two in the air, most need as much height & build as they can get, in order to make up for it.

Watson and Bell, good memories. I actually feel where they mastered the art, there aren't too many masters of heading a ball nowadays. Yes there are good players, but not many known for the skill.

Actually "he" is in stitches over your hilariously stupid posts.

Pack it in Jason, you're too small for this football lark. Unless you learn how to foul, a student of headers told me that

See that's where you're just being a wanker.

I have the absolute highest regard for Denayer, & have been praising him non stop on this thread. You come along without reading or understanding anything, & jump on my one comment when I happen to mention that the only thing which might prove to be a possible weakness in Denayer's play, is if he can't hold his own aerially.

He isn't the best in the air. That is a fact & he knows it. He has improved a lot during his time at Celtic, which he says himself. He may have some more improving to do, but he is not a dominant aerial cb. He isn't a big cb either, so he doesn't have that to get him out of trouble.

You probably read one post & don't even bother to try & undestand what I'm talking about, just try to look clever, as if I'm talking nonsense, when in fact Denayer himself has mentioned it .

Just for the record, I think Jason Denayer is one of the best prospects I have ever seen, & I think he will improve in the air enough that it won't be a problem for him.

Porto and Valencia are top clubs, he's still wanted by top clubs and has a high release clause for a reason. They don't agree with you, stop crying, you don't rate him, move on.

I have never said i don't rate him, & you don't get to tell me to move on.

What I said was, there is no guarantee he will be a success in the Premier League & I gave reasons why I think that. I also said I would rather give our kid a chance.

Watson and Bell, good memories. I actually feel where they mastered the art, there aren't too many masters of heading a ball nowadays. Yes there are good players, but not many known for the skill.

No, there are hardly any who can match the timing & skill those players had. There were quite a few exceptional headers of the ball inthose days. Dennis Law was another who always seemed to meet the ball at the very top of his jump. Perfect timing.

See that's where you're just being a wanker.

I have the absolute highest regard for Denayer, & have been praising him non stop on this thread. You come along without reading or understanding anything, & jump on my one comment when I happen to mention that the only thing which might prove to be a possible weakness in Denayer's play, is if he can't hold his own aerially.

He isn't the best in the air. That is a fact & he knows it. He has improved a lot during his time at Celtic, which he says himself. He may have some more improving to do, but he is not a dominant aerial cb. He isn't a big cb either, so he doesn't have that to get him out of trouble.

You probably read one post & don't even bother to try & undestand what I'm talking about, just try to look clever, as if I'm talking nonsense, when in fact Denayer himself has mentioned it .

Just for the record, I think Jason Denayer is one of the best prospects I have ever seen, & I think he will improve in the air enough that it won't be a problem for him.
You called him a "shortarse" but he can still hack it in the league and as the difference in height between he and Otamendi is a mere 1cm; a player you wouldn't back to beat many if any in the air and couldn't hack it in the league because he had a poor game against Paraguay and to you that literally translates to how he would perform for us (your words), then I see the only difference being one plays in a blue shirt. Ironically you confronted people about how many games Otamendi has played in the Premier League when Denayer has played just as many

I've read and laughed at all your posts, don't worry about that.

I even offered examples of "short", by your definition, CBs who have done incredibly well in the Premier League both success wise and with regards to their aerial ability.

You're like another .A. but instead of being English centric you can't see past your blue tinted specs for even a second to consider someone outside of the club may not just be good but perhaps better than current players. And if anyone does have that opinion, you get abusive.

You called him a "shortarse" but he can still hack it in the league and as the difference in height between he and Otamendi is a mere 1cm; a player you wouldn't back to beat many if any in the air and couldn't hack it in the league because he had a poor game against Paraguay and to you that literally translates to how he would perform for us (your words), then I see the only difference being one plays in a blue shirt. Ironically you confronted people about how many games Otamendi has played in the Premier League when Denayer has played just as many

I've read and laughed at all your posts, don't worry about that.

I even offered examples of "short", by your definition, CBs who have done incredibly well in the Premier League both success wise and with regards to their aerial ability.

You're like another .A. but instead of being English centric you can't see past your blue tinted specs for even a second to consider someone outside of the club may not just be good but perhaps better than current players. And if anyone does have that opinion, you get abusive.

I don't think it's just the blue specs, he's just a massive Denayer fan, look at the Rekik thread where he talked down Rekik to prop up his love for Denayer even when they played in similar leagues and both won league titles.

Won the most headers from a defender in la liga 115, Godin(6ft1) 2nd, Inigo Martinez(5'11) 3rd.

Most headers won out our boys was Demichelis(6ft) with 82

And he made double the amount of tackles our top centre back with 72-36(md)

He committed the same amount of fouls as Kompany but after playing 10 more games.

And he scored 6 goals, that's more than our entire defense managed last season. 5 by way of his head(joint 4th most across Europe's top 5 leagues, of all players) which is the same amount our entire squad managed with theirs.

But you know, he's only 6ft so he's shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.