Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure Denayer played on the left all the time for the EDS, with Facey on the right? Not sure positioning is exactly the strongest area to his game anyway, so I imagine he'd be fine on either side as he does a fair amount of running to get back into position anyway. Either way, I wouldn't see him being able to play on the left as a problem for Mangala, it would just be a bonus that allowed us to have only 3 CB's. You always need 3 centerbacks anyway, especially with Kompanys injuries, it would just mean that Denayer could cover either spot when neccesary, it wouldn't mean Mangala couldn't get a game (it would just be a lot like this year, but him playing the role of Demichelis)

Personally, I think if Denayer really hits the ground running, then Kompany is the one in danger, not Mangala. Mangala and Denayers games go together a lot better than Denayer and Kompanys imo. As good as Kompany is, he doesn't sweep up and cover for his teammate in the way that Demi and Mangala do, which Denayer would probably need with the way he likes to come out and challenge people, like Kompany. I think they'd be a bit too similar to play together. Either way, it would be a lovely problem to have!

No Denayer played plenty on the right. He does move around & the EDS like to swap positions too, but he was often right side cb & is right footed.

Kompany is Denayer's hero so there is a big chance the two of them will play together IF Denayer takes to the Premier League. Also, although Denayer likes to come out & try to nick the ball, similar to Demichelis, he is not great in the air, but is very fast, so was often the natural one to cover behind VanDijk when the ball was knocked long to a big cf, so that would suit Kompany.

The main thing here is I think Valencia will be loathe to pay us what they owe after the flop that Alvaro has been...so A player with a little cash back there way would be far more pallatable to them

Valencia paid €12 million for Otamendi and want €50m now (his buyout clause - £35m).

If we say to them keep the Negredo money but we will pay you £10m or so more and give us Otamendi they break even on both deals.

What sort of centre half is he?

Does this answer your question. :)

Defender_3246033b.jpg

He is a beast. Strong as an ox, combative, MONSTROUS in the air, great leadership skills, and a weapon from corners (6 goals last season, one of them ended Real Madrid's 22-match unbeaten run). I tend to watch 3 leagues - England, Spain, Germany - and only Gerard Pique (I say reluctantly as I used to bash him), Diego Godin and John Terry compared to him last season for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.