Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this answer your question. :)

Defender_3246033b.jpg

He is a beast. Strong as an ox, combative, MONSTROUS in the air, great leadership skills, and a weapon from corners (6 goals last season, one of them ended Real Madrid's 22-match unbeaten run). I tend to watch 3 leagues - England, Spain, Germany - and only Gerard Pique (I say reluctantly as I used to bash him), Diego Godin and John Terry compared to him last season for me.
Fucking hell if he says its a Thursday ... then so be it.

Disagree mate.

I think Martin will go this summer or in January just before the Argentine season starts in February.

We need to replace his experience because having just Vinny as our experienced defender isn't enough, not with his injury record.
Big assumption that Demichelis is leaving, he's in the Argentina team ahead of Otamendi at the moment so he's not exactly finished.

With regards to our other defenders being inexperienced, how exactly are they supposed to gain experience without giving them experience?

Defender_3246033b.jpg

He is a beast. Strong as an ox, combative, MONSTROUS in the air, great leadership skills, and a weapon from corners (6 goals last season, one of them ended Real Madrid's 22-match unbeaten run). I tend to watch 3 leagues - England, Spain, Germany - and only Gerard Pique (I say reluctantly as I used to bash him), Diego Godin and John Terry compared to him last season for me.

So he's good, but really from that it sounds like exactly the sort of centre half we don't need. We're already a little skewed in powerful monstrous defenders - What is he like as an actual footballer? Can he bring it out well from the back? Good under a high press?

Not a signing we need to make! Good player but if we sign him I'm assuming we have lost faith in Mangala or Kompany, mdm could be willing to accept a role as a back up but none of the rest would be willing to accept that. If that cant afford the negredo fee we should go for Gaya.

Big assumption that Demichelis is leaving, he's in the Argentina team ahead of Otamendi at the moment so he's not exactly finished.

With regards to our other defenders being inexperienced, how exactly are they supposed to gain experience without giving them experience?

Demi has only started 1 game ahead of him in Copa America so far.

Defender_3246033b.jpg

Is that Row Z up there?

The defence wasn't rotated enough last season, always good to have another option.........

On a serious note - I've never seen him play but reputation is good. There is ever chance he and Kompany could be the pairing with Mangala 3rd, let's be homes he didn't rip up trees last year. That would leave Deneyar and Demi, some have said Demi might be off but if not another loan for Deneyar could be an option

Of, this is less likely I'll admit, sign him(inc Negredo) and sell him straight to United for cash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.