Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most recent and crunch game you mean?

But it was against Jamaica which they were suppose to win. The reason Demi played was that Otamendi was on a yellow and one more would have meant he miss a game. I think after the group stages the yellows get wiped out.

So our we signing him or is this more speculation?

Cadena Ser came out yesterday saying City, not United, are ahead in the race to sign Otamendi.

Today Sport and Marca have added we are interested and would use the money Valencia owe us for Negredo (as they haven't paid us yet despite us spending it on Bony) to make up the bulk of the 35m buyout.

We would give them 10m-15m pounds and it means we get Otamendi and Valencia break-even/ make a small profit on the combined transactions of Negredo and Otamendi instead of taking a hit on Negredo who hasn't performed for them and will likely sell him for a loss.

United don't seem to want to pay the buyout of Otamendi as the have bid £24.8m so far, like I said, Valencia want the 35m buyout clause.

I really hope this is true and we can get him. Would make our cb options very strong for all competitions next season.

But it was against Jamaica which they were suppose to win. The reason Demi played was that Otamendi was on a yellow and one more would have meant he miss a game. I think after the group stages the yellows get wiped out.
Fair enough, was still a crunch game against a side who weren't pushovers and indicates the coach doesn't see much difference between Demichelis and Otamendi; I doubt he'd have done the same with Messi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.