Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our defence was shocking last season.

New LB like Kurzawa, who is better defensively than Kolarov, and a proper holding midfielder would sort that imo.

Even with Dinho (who is not a natural DM) in behind Yaya and Lampard we had a very good defensive record at the end of the season. Think it's more the formation and LB/DM than the CB's. Tho I do have major concerns over Mangala's positional sense

Can't see us putting a 30-40m CB (Otamendi or Mangala) on the bench, esp. not with Denayer around

Real Madrid have had Varane on their bench who is arguably a 40m defender.

I don't buy this about Denayer, he is a promising defender and will be a top quality one in the future, but to rely on him like some on here think City will is madness in my opinion.

Mangala is hot and cold, Vinny is injury prone and Martin needs upgrading.

I don't buy this about Denayer, he is a promising defender and will be a top quality one in the future, but to rely on him like some on here think City will is madness in my opinion.

Varane cost Real nowt and is young
Don't see how anyone can justify having a 30-40m CB as backup
I'd see Denayer making around 15 league appearances, much like Varane prior to this season. That won't happen if we sign Otamendi
If Mangala iss hot and cold he should be the one Otamendi replaces. We paid 32-42m for a 'hot and cold' CB? Either we keep faith in him or we replace him with Otamendi imo.

Agree with all this sam. Plus kaldhoon has already stated that youth will be incorporated into the setup gradually but nothing will be detrimental to the first team at this time.

Varane cost Real nowt and is young
Don't see how anyone can justify having a 30-40m CB as backup
I'd see Denayer making around 15 league appearances, much like Varane prior to this season. That won't happen if we sign Otamendu

Like I said, Otamendi will walk into our defence and likely over Mangala.

Just because Mangala cost 30m-40m doesn't mean he can't be benched.

Agree with this 100% as great as Demi is, we should've never been in a position where we had to rely on our oldest defender in our back line.
Also no need to think of him as a 30-40M player if we aren't actually putting a whole lot of real money towards him. Getting him and Bony for the price of shipping Negredo who ended up being a half a season player is an excellent deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.