Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think we need him at all.

We really need a WC midfielder if we are going to get going in Europe. Yaya, Delph and Dinho is not going to cut it. I can understand the thinking after VK and Mangala were so poor last year but I'd drop it right now.

I really think if we buy a quality central midfilder, we will be genuine contender for Champions League.

Anyone else think Hart's pep talk to Mangala was a bit odd, maybe it was something along the line of "make sure you go on loan with the fans remembering how good you are"

Haha, petty and

a hippocrite then...

I don't think bringing a defender with no PL experience and letting one we're just starting to bed, is a good move. You think Otamendi is an upgrade, i'll go with a strange risk at best. Thats my opinion, which being a forum, is full of them.

Don't know why you seem to have such an issue with me saying that.

Probably because you seem so pissed off with both Otamendi & the club for having the audacity to do the deal.

Anyone else think Hart's pep talk to Mangala was a bit odd, maybe it was something along the line of "make sure you go on loan with the fans remembering how good you are"

No, I thought Hart was pretty clearly telling him to keep the game in front of him.

Guillem Balague: 'Nicolas Otamendi Manchester City deal confirmed'
nicolas-otamendi.jpg

© Getty Images
Tweet

By Chris O'Keefe, Reporter
Filed: Sunday, August 16, 2015 at 21:05 UK
Last Updated: Sunday, August 16, 2015 at 21:08 UK
Spanish journalist Gulliem Balague has tweeted thatManchester City have wrapped up a deal for Valenciadefender Nicolas Otamendi.

The Argentine centre-back was heavily linked with a move to city rivals Manchester United during the summer.

However, Balague claims that the Citizens have beaten the Red Devils to the signature of the 27-year-old after having a €40m (£28.4m) offer accepted by Los Che, with the transfer being officially confirmed on Monday.

It is reported that Eliaquim Mangala, who joined City from Porto last summer, will join the Spanish giants on a season-long loan as part of the deal.

Balague has also suggested that Real Madrid were willing to pay Otamendi's €50m release clause, if Sergio Ramos had left the club during the close season.

Tomorrow all confirmed: Otamendi to City for €40m and Mangala on loan. Real Madrid would have paid €50m buy out clause if Ramos had gone

Guillem Balague (@GuillemBalague) August 16, 2015

Complete bollocks as usual from ballbag. Real Madrid couldn't get Otamendi even if Ramos had left because they are at their limit for non-EU players. It was a non starter.

Follow that up with the bullshit about Mangala going against everything Ric said and several journos who just left the etihad have also said Mangala isn't leaving.

So 0/10 for that fucking idiot yet again. To be honest him confirming its a done deal makes me think we might not actually sign him!

Talking of pep talks I loved how Mangala jumped in to protect Fernandinho today and also talked down a seething Humphreys. Shows he is smart and friendly.

Probably because you seem so pissed off with both Otamendi & the club for having the audacity to do the deal.
I've no problem with the deal in isolation.

But if you look at MDM and Mangala, they both took time to settle.

Nastastic and Savic, were both sold (understandably), imo, early... with Savic now earning a move to Atletico.

If feels like we haven't learnt from our lessons, and there's every chance, if Mangala is part of the deal, we have to do the same thing all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.