Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it was against Jamaica which they were suppose to win. The reason Demi played was that Otamendi was on a yellow and one more would have meant he miss a game. I think after the group stages the yellows get wiped out.
So in order to avoid missing a game, they made him......miss a game?

Realistically I'm not sure Jason's performance against France did us any favors. He has one year left on his contract and the national team coach for one of the foremost footballing countries thinks that Denayer is one of the better defenders in Europe. Not one for the future, or anything along those lines... currently one of the better defenders in Europe. On top of that the player got a standing ovation from the crowd. When was the last time you saw a standing ovation for a central defender, let alone on his debut? He went on loan last season and could hardly have played better.

Whatever we may think of Jason on these message boards, I don't think he or his representation view him as a youth prospect, or a promising player. He's just a first team footballer now with an excellent track record. With one year left on his contract I think we have to match their ambition/valuation and incorporate him into the team or thank him and wish him well. The time for convincing him that he owes another year of proving himself, somewhere like Norwich, might unfortunately be past.

He was recently interviewed & seems as level headed as you would expect from a player of his football intelligence. He knows the Premier League is not Scotland.

All he wants is a chance, I'm sure, & to be treated fairly. If he struggles I'm pretty sure he will hold his hands up & work hard to improve. Then he possibly would be open to a loan anyway & next season we could replace Demichelis with a signing. I'm not sure he would accept it without first being given an opportunity to state his case though.

He has learned so quickly in all his other situations, that there is a decent possibility he will quickly adapt to the Premier League. In that case, City would have a world star. He is more than a defender as I'm sure you know. Imagine what he could do amongst our players ?

We can't fuck about with potential like this imo. We absolutely must at least try to get him involved.

I rate this lad. Tbh this is going to be very telling now in respect of where we stand with our ability to bring those players that are good enough through and avoid the usual suspects.

I have faith. I'm glad of that because this kid is the business. Would be utterly stupid to lose him at this stage.

If we really want a defender for rock bottom prices I'd rather we put in a cheeky bid for Gonzalo Jara. Tenacious player, keeps a tight back line, no finger pointing when it all goes to shit. City material if I've ever seen it.
WOW!

Really, are you sure???

Cause, I really think Chile has other players who are far miles BETTER than him. Medel, for example. Jara is ok, and will cost less than 10m, but Im not sure he fills the bill.

I thought we weren't to mention price any more as it's not our money?

Anyway, i'd have him or Ramos over MD.
Two ball playing CB's are very dangerous. He'd never work alongside Vinny. There's a reason Demichelis works with both Kompany and Mangala but Kompany and Mangala havent worked well together. Otamendi is similar to Demichelis in style.

I thought we weren't to mention price any more as it's not our money?

Anyway, i'd have him or Ramos over MD.

Thing is though, him or Ramos, they come in and they are instantly ahead of Mangala in the pecking order and they push Denayer further back. That'd be a real shame for me. If we want to sign Ramos or Otamendi, and I'm not necessarily against it, then I think we'd have to write off Mangala and send him elsewhere. He's not going to develop by not playing games and he won't play games if Otamendi or particularly Ramos, come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.