Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree there needs to be a replacement for MDM signed. I wouldnt write off Mangala at all think there is plenty to come from him and Fernando too first seasons always hard in a new league. This year we will see the best out of both. Saying that I also think Denayer could well be a must for the squad this season. I think we could well use the league cup as a way of getting him games in the first half of the season. Then in the second half of the season we always have that option of loaning him out for 6 months if he isnt getting any game time. I think next season we need to start with Kompany and Mangala and go with that pairing and see how we get on if we dont sign Otamendi. IF we sign Otamendi then we risk the chances of getting a settled center back pairing for a while like last season.

Great stuff!!!! One bad injury or someone not in form and we are in trouble.
No we aren't. One injury means we're down to Demichelis and Mangala, which is fine (assuming it's Vinnie, as lets face it, it will be). Even two injuries puts us with Denayer coming in, who is a full international. Even if we get a ridiculous third injury, which is beyond unlikely, we still have Sagna who has played at CB before and done fine. I doubt there are many clubs in world football who are more prepared for a centerback crisis than us.

No we aren't. One injury means we're down to Demichelis and Mangala, which is fine (assuming it's Vinnie, as lets face it, it will be). Even two injuries puts us with Denayer coming in, who is a full international. Even if we get a ridiculous third injury, which is beyond unlikely, we still have Sagna who has played at CB before and done fine. I doubt there are many clubs in world football who are more prepared for a centerback crisis than us.

Demi wouldn't last another full season though! Chat about him going back to Argentina as well. I personally think denayer will go out on loan to either a decent premier league team or a top championship team to play every week.

Demi wouldn't last another full season though! Chat about him going back to Argentina as well. I personally think denayer will go out on loan to either a decent premier league team or a top championship team to play every week.
What abot Demichelis makes you think he's about to fall to pieces? His excellent form, his still playing international football, or the new contract he signed to keep him here next year? Loaning out Denayer then signing Otamendi makes no sense to me. Signing another CB because you lack depth, because you just sent a quality young CB out on loan would just be baffling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.