Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Straight swap for Negredo seems fine by me. If Valencia don't want to play that game we take our money and spend it elsewhere. We can't lose.

Demi wouldn't last another full season though! Chat about him going back to Argentina as well. I personally think denayer will go out on loan to either a decent premier league team or a top championship team to play every week.

No chance, Denayer nailed on to be in the first team squad next season

There is a very great need to sign a top class centre-half. The chaos at the heart of our defence was the single biggest reason we lost our title last season. I know many of us won't acknowledge it, but Mangala is just out of his depth in the premier, and if Vinny is in decline, we're facing another trophyless season unless we do something about it.

IMO he was our most consistent CB this season.

Although MDM did well last season....Kompany,Mangala, Denayer and Otamendi for PL/CL matches....use MDM for cup games or offload...,

He's absolute class, a real warrior, but we don't need him. Kind of like a Zaba but at CB, always wanting to put in a tackle or get in a fight and he more than makes up for his lack of height with his aggression in the air. But we simply don't need him. He can only really play as a left sided CB and we are already stacked with fantastic CB's(at least I think he can only play on the left as I've never seen him on the right and Garay moved over to the right to facilitate him in the Argentina team. That to me suggests Otamendi can't play there, as Garay playing on the left is pretty much the bedrock of their defence usually). In Kompany and Demichelis we have more than enough experience and in Mangala and Denayer we have two of the best young CB's in world football, who I would n't be at all surprised if they went on to become one of the great partnerships, as their games are suited well to each others. The only way I could see us wanting Otamendi is if Kompany was leaving, and that isn't happening.

He's going to cost someone a fortune and they probably won't regret it, but CB is just about the last position we need to be spending big money on.

He can play on the right. Actually right footed.

There is a possibility that Denayer will not sign the new deal and there are no guarantees he will settle into the first team squad.

Last edited:
Isn't the elephant in the room that Vinnie's place isn't bulletproof - he's not exactly young, he's been off form for about 18 months and last year the only time our defence looked half competent was when the promising Mangala coupled with the still brilliant Demichelis.

I wouldn't be shocked to see the season start with Otamendi next to Martin.

We spent it on Bony as far as I know, UEFA allowing us to count it as income for last season ?

So we pay 30 odd million quid & tell Denayer to do one. ( & have to sell an extra player)

Why would we tell Denayer to do one? This has been a strawman argument all thread. The one to go is obviously MDM. If you don't rate Otamendi that is fine. But don't make crap up to improve your argument.

Why would we tell Denayer to do one? This has been a strawman argument all thread. The one to go is obviously MDM. If you don't rate Otamendi that is fine. But don't make crap up to improve your argument.

Most people were suggesting Denayer being loaned out earlier & some still are, so please don't accuse me of 'making up crap' & of course with 2 + 30 mil defenders plus the captain to contend with, there is not a fucking chance in hell of Denayer getting much game time, so he's off anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.