Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure...some say yep but reports also say no...
This is not an issue for us. Its an issue for Valencia. We have paid for Bony and we will have to pay for Otamendi. Because Valencia has not paid for Negredo yet by selling him to us for 10 million and we wipe away the Negredo fee Valencia has a better FFP picture....I think.

Most people were suggesting Denayer being loaned out earlier & some still are, so please don't accuse me of 'making up crap' & of course with 2 + 30 mil defenders plus the captain to contend with, there is not a fucking chance in hell of Denayer getting much game time, so he's off anyway.

4 good centre backs to battle for the 2 CB slots is what we want really. 2 players for each position is the aim and I'm sure they will all get their chance. Kompany is quite injury prone and has been out of form for a while now, Mangala has show signs of promise but there are still questions marks as to how good he will become and we still don't know how well Denayer will fit in. As MD only has a year left it would make sense to look at bringing another player in this window and give him time to settle.

4 good centre backs to battle for the 2 CB slots is what we want really. 2 players for each position is the aim and I'm sure they will all get their chance. Kompany is quite injury prone and has been out of form for a while now, Mangala has show signs of promise but there are still questions marks as to how good he will become and we still don't know how well Denayer will fit in. As MD only has a year left it would make sense to look at bringing another player in this window and give him time to settle.

It makes no sense whatsoever to me, for a bunch of reasons mentioned already, & I don't believe City will do it.

There is nothing to stop us signing a cb next season if we find we need one. We have a perfect balance of 4 for this season.

Is there an elite club in world football who has four top out and out centre backs?

Most people were suggesting Denayer being loaned out earlier & some still are, so please don't accuse me of 'making up crap' & of course with 2 + 30 mil defenders plus the captain to contend with, there is not a fucking chance in hell of Denayer getting much game time, so he's off anyway.

Signing Denayer to a new deal, loaning him out to a PL club and then bring him back to replace MDM is not telling him to "do one". Its telling an incredibly talented youngster that we are making a long term plan to keep him at our club for a very long time.

Is there an elite club in world football who has four top out and out centre backs?
Probably not and neither do we. We currently have 4 decent options but one of those will shortly be leaving and a couple more still have questions marks over them. If a better player for that position becomes available, then it makes sense to try for him.

Otamendi walks into our defence next to Vinny, why you would want to settle for an inferior setup when we have an opportunity of upgrading is beyond me.

MDM won't be here much longer and in my opinion should be upgraded now.

Denayer despite his quality is still an unknown quantity for City, he will get game time here and there but I wouldn't want to rely on him if we got serious injuries in defence.

Mangala still has a lot to prove.

Otamendi walks into our defence next to Vinny, why you would want to settle for an inferior setup when we have an opportunity of upgrading is beyond me.

MDM won't be here much longer and in my opinion should be upgraded now.

Denayer despite his quality is still an unknown quantity for City, he will get game time here and there but I wouldn't want to rely on him if we got serious injuries in defence.

Mangala still has a lot to prove.
And he can do that from the bench how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.