Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he (a

So a year starting for a lesser PL team and then coming in as a regular starter at a team like ours at the age of 20 is somehow a step down from fucking AC Milan?

Yeah because when he goes to fucking Norwich, he will of course be certain that he's coming straight back to City as a regular in place of Komany or our two 20 odd year old 30 million plus other cbs the following season when the manager who promises him that has gone.

It always works just like that in the Premier League

Yeah because when he goes to fucking Norwich, he will of course be certain that he's coming straight back to City as a regular in place of Komany or our two 20 odd year old 30 million plus other cbs the following season when the manager who promises him that has gone.

It always works just like that in the Premier League

If we want to be one of Europe's top teams and challenge the likes of Barcelona and Bayern, we need the best players we can get, regardless of whether they have come through the academy or they are bought in. We wouldn't turn down the change to sign Messi even if we have good players that play in the same position. The same should apply to defenders too. If better than we have becomes available, we should go for them.

I'd be happy with Kompany, Otamendi, Mangala and Denayer as our 4 central defenders. If Denayer is ready, he will get games. Also it may not be him that misses out anyway if Kompany or Mangala don't improve on last season's performances.

Last edited:
If we want to be one of Europe's top teams and challenge the likes of Barcelona and Bayern, we need the best players we can get, regardless of whether they have come through the academy or they are bought in. We wouldn't turn down the change to sign Messi even if we have good players that play in the same position. The same should apply to defenders too. If better than we have becomes available, we should go for them.

I'd be happy with Company, Otamendi, Mangala and Denayer as our 4 central defenders. If Denayer is ready, he will get games. Also it may not be him that misses out anyway if Kompany or Mangala don't improve on last season's performances.

Which Company ? Coca Cola, IBM, Microsoft ?

I'd be happy with Company, Otamendi, Mangala and Denayer as our 4 central defenders. If Denayer is ready, he will get games. Also it may not be him that misses out anyway if Kompany or Mangala don't improve on last season's performances.

I doubt he would miss out on merit, I doubt it would take him long to be better than Otamendi, in fact he'd do better in Argrentina's team now imo.

But he will miss out on the fact that we have two 30 mil plus players who need games, plus the captain, who, when on form, is better than all of them. The kid would be the one to leave out, whilst the others got their shit together.

I doubt he would miss out on merit, I doubt it would take him long to be better than Otamendi, in fact he'd do better in Argrentina's team now imo.

But he will miss out on the fact that we have two 30 mil plus players who need games, plus the captain, who, when on form, is better than all of them. The kid would be the one to leave out, whilst the others got their shit together.

That would be the manager's fault for not picking players on their merit.

That would be the manager's fault for not picking players on their merit.

He wouldn't know about the merit, if the kid was on the bench. The pecking order would be: 1 Kompany, 2 =Mangala/Otamendi, scraps when all the premutations of the other 3 have been tried & if they all failed: Denayer. If Demichelis stays, he is both experienced & replaceable. He won't spit his dummy out if the boss picks Denayer over him. But if Denayer struggles, Demi is a capable backup cb for the other two.

Our targets are winning the Prem and Champs League and it looks like we're serious about giving the manager the tools to get the job done. If he wants Otamendi I'd back him 100% and I'm wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if he does.

He wouldn't know about the merit, if the kid was on the bench. The pecking order would be: 1 Kompany, 2 =Mangala/Otamendi, scraps when all the premutations of the other 3 have been tried & if they all failed: Denayer. If Demichelis stays, he is both experienced & replaceable. He won't spit his dummy out if the boss picks Denayer over him. But if Denayer struggles, Demi is a capable backup cb for the other two.

Pellegrini has no doubt seen him play and will give him a chance in pre-season and see him in training every day. He will know how well he's fitting in and when he's ready.

Kompany would probably be first choice if he regains form. If not, he'll be left out as he was at the end of last season. When Mangala didn't live up to expectations, he was left out too.

At present Denayer is probably 4th choice CB. If Otamendi, Ramos or someone else replaced MD, he'd still be 4th choice. It's then, as now, up to him to show his worth and move up the pecking order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.