Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weren't there rumours earlier of a cash+Mangala offer from us?

The only way I can see us in for Otamendi is if Mangala leaves, and I think that it would be premature to call it a day on him after just one season where he was rapidly improving towards the end.

Denayer was obviously promised a decent path to the first team when he signed the new contract not even a fortnight ago, Demichelis is old enough to be the veteran back up who doesn't mind sitting out.

Otamendi-Kompany as first choice, Denayer as third choice, likely to get a good amount of game time when we rotate and also when VK inevitably gets a month long injury. Demichelis is the reliable 4th choice, ready to step in if there's another injury or Denayer isn't good enough. That's a balanced group of 4 CB's in my book.

We'd also only be spending a small amount of cash on top of the trade, so it makes more sense financially when we are already looking at a summer with £180m+ spent and only £30m brought in so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.