Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be something in the wind though. In his latest press conference, Manuel was asked if he would be strengthening at centre half, before the start of the season.

Pellers swerved it brilliantly, but, why specifically ask about that position, when everybody knows we have bigger fish to fry, unless one of journalists had heard something.

Last edited:
Buying him means someone has to be left out of Prem league and CL squads or be sold. Demichelis seems to be the fall guy but from his performances you would say different. Kompany prone to injury which might persuade our management that we really need 5 CBs IMO I think we should bid to drive the price up for Valencia and sting the rags for money but stay as we are. :-)

Weren't there rumours earlier of a cash+Mangala offer from us?

The only way I can see us in for Otamendi is if Mangala leaves, and I think that it would be premature to call it a day on him after just one season where he was rapidly improving towards the end.

Denayer was obviously promised a decent path to the first team when he signed the new contract not even a fortnight ago, Demichelis is old enough to be the veteran back up who doesn't mind sitting out.

Otamendi-Kompany as first choice, Denayer as third choice, likely to get a good amount of game time when we rotate and also when VK inevitably gets a month long injury. Demichelis is the reliable 4th choice, ready to step in if there's another injury or Denayer isn't good enough. That's a balanced group of 4 CB's in my book.

We'd also only be spending a small amount of cash on top of the trade, so it makes more sense financially when we are already looking at a summer with £180m+ spent and only £30m brought in so far.
Na, maybe Denayer will go....

Then, it sounds logical to me, knowing Pelle also, that hell go on loan. And, I know, maybe it sounds bitter to some here (who had put great expectations on him), but, I dont believe Pelle will take such inexperience player as a first CB choice.

And, about Demichelis, it will be also not the first time, Pelle left him on the bench sometimes (as he did in Malaga a couples of times, or setting him im MF when was needed)

So, at the end, we have maybe ONLY 2 REALLY STARTERS, Vinnie and Mangala.

I know, it sound all this stuff strange anyway, but, even I, still dont understand Pellegrini and his rare substitutions & rotations system. Its still a mistery and a paradox to me. And, look, Im following Pelle since Villareal. Strange issue indeed.

Rule: With Pellegrini youre allowed to enjoy his football and his manner, BUT dont try to understand the way he put the players on the field. It just dont make sense sometimes. :-)

Na, maybe Denayer will go....

Then, it sounds logical to me, knowing Pelle also, that hell go on loan. And, I know, maybe it sounds bitter to some here (who had put great expectations on him), but, I dont believe Pelle will take such inexperience player as a first CB choice.

And, about Demichelis, it will be also not the first time, Pelle left him on the bench sometimes (as he did in Malaga a couples of times, or setting him im MF when was needed)

So, at the end, we have maybe ONLY 2 REALLY STARTERS, Vinnie and Mangala.

I know, it sound all this stuff strange anyway, but, even I, still dont understand Pellegrini and his rare substitutions & rotations system. Its still a mistery and a paradox to me. And, look, Im following Pelle since Villareal. Strange issue indeed.

Rule: With Pellegrini youre allowed to enjoy his football and his manner, BUT dont try to understand the way he put the players on the field. It just dont make sense sometimes. :-)

Have to disagree, it doesn't sound logical to me, Denayer just signed a new contract after his agent said they'd only sign on if it was to stay here and get a shot at the first team. He also wouldn't be 1st choice either, he'd be 3rd choice.

And Pellegrini had no problems building his defence around a 20 year old Diego Godin at Villareal, as you'd know if you followed him then.

Interesting.

Cheers mate!
Yeah, no problem, mate. Youre a contribution here (as I, pretending to be the same), always posting some comments and infos with sense, not the usually trolling stuff I see sometimes on this site.

Still have the feeling, that we REALLY NEED OTAMENDI or a CB like this, and that our defense is still too feeble. I will send Denayer (only!), Fernando (with a low buy clause!) and Jovetic (not sale!) on loan, sell Kolarov, and maybe Dzecko too. And bring a really world class CB and MF, the stuff were lacking of the last season.

Delph is good, but I dont know, if it would be enough. Someone like Vidal AND Aranguiz would bloody good!

Fabinho will be also interesting.

With Dzecko is something special. Then, if you take a look to his stats, THE BEST SEASON OF HIM EVER IN A CITY SHIRT, was under Pellegrini in his first chapter (2013-2014). So, I think, Pelle will be reluctant to sell him.

Cheers mate, and have a nice time there "on the island" (as germans said) :-)

Last edited:
Have to disagree, it doesn't sound logical to me, Denayer just signed a new contract after his agent said they'd only sign on if it was to stay here and get a shot at the first team. He also wouldn't be 1st choice either, he'd be 3rd choice.

And Pellegrini had no problems building his defence around a 20 year old Diego Godin at Villareal, as you'd know if you followed him then.
Yeah, maybe Im wrong too, mate. Its only an opinion, and like you see, Im new here, just seeing and learning, not following City that long time, as many of you. And, yes, it happened with Godin. But, Godin is Godin, one of the best defender in the world now.

We will see. Cheers mate, anyway!

:-)

I think pellegrini will even struggle to give our current four out and out centre backs satisfactory game time tbh. Look at chelsea, they comfortably won the league with only two main centre backs one of whom is in his mid thirties. Zouma and Ivanovic can play multiple positions so its easy to rotate them around.

Can only Otemendi joining as a replacement for mangala certainly not for Demichelis. Maffeo could be a useful player as he can play right back and centre back verry comfortably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.