Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think pellegrini will even struggle to give our current four out and out centre backs satisfactory game time tbh. Look at chelsea, they comfortably won the league with only two main centre backs one of whom is in his mid thirties. Zouma and Ivanovic can play multiple positions so its easy to rotate them around.

Can only Otemendi joining as a replacement for mangala certainly not for Demichelis. Maffeo could be a useful player as he can play right back and centre back verry comfortably.
Maffeo ain't ready to play in the prem yet. Plus I don't think we'll get otemendi, it's just speculation.

What about Denayer out on loan, Otamendi to play this season in his place, and next year when Demichelis is shipped off, then Denayer will take his place?

Saw the tweet on CityWatch, anyone think there's any truth in this rumour?

Doesn't make sense to me. Where would that leave Denayer?

Would Mangala then become back up too?

Can't make sense of this one. Would leave less money in the pot for Pogba and De Bruyne too.

Saw the tweet on CityWatch, anyone think there's any truth in this rumour?

Doesn't make sense to me. Where would that leave Denayer?

Would Mangala then become back up too?

Can't make sense of this one. Would leave less money in the pot for Pogba and De Bruyne too.
What did the tweet say?

Weren't there rumours earlier of a cash+Mangala offer from us?

The only way I can see us in for Otamendi is if Mangala leaves, and I think that it would be premature to call it a day on him after just one season where he was rapidly improving towards the end.

Denayer was obviously promised a decent path to the first team when he signed the new contract not even a fortnight ago, Demichelis is old enough to be the veteran back up who doesn't mind sitting out.

Otamendi-Kompany as first choice, Denayer as third choice, likely to get a good amount of game time when we rotate and also when VK inevitably gets a month long injury. Demichelis is the reliable 4th choice, ready to step in if there's another injury or Denayer isn't good enough. That's a balanced group of 4 CB's in my book.

We'd also only be spending a small amount of cash on top of the trade, so it makes more sense financially when we are already looking at a summer with £180m+ spent and only £30m brought in so far.
The only thing with Mangala is that I don't recall him having a good game (EDIT- just remembered his first v Chelsea, but that's it) next to Kompany., all his best games were next to Demichelis.

Either that or Denayer is going out on loan again this season and will then come in for Demichelis next Summer when Demi departs.
When you look at the ages next Summer it'd be Kompany 30, Otamendi 28, Mangala 25 and Denayer 21 - decent spread over 4 centre haves that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.