Other Fans City Fans Get On With

Would nominate Crystal Palace. Always enjoyed trips to Croydon, nice few beers round Thornton Heath. Their fans happy to drink with us and never had any mither. One of our safer aways even in the 80s.
Thats a good shout used to work.with some Palace fans back in the 80s definitely the good guys of South London. I always thought WBA were pretty good. My nightmare club is Middlesbrough where I have managed to find trouble twice.

Everton is only recent, it was a bit prickly them early years we got took over. Them like many others couldn't handle us progressing and taking their players in the process. That as calmed in recent years due to us stopping Liverpool. Wet Ham are class, kept glancing over to their fans during the ceremony and the ones who stayed was clapping us too. Classy
Goodison was a nightmare in the 70’s and 80’s.

City also get on with Blackburn fans. Been to Ewood several times and drank with Rovers fans without any bother.
Rovers were my local team by birth so always supported them with City, so good to hear
1970's and 80's were fine 90's not so with split loyalties, but normal order now resumed.
Would not say friends but both hate the rags

- I've also heard we have good relations with Rangers, is this still a thing?

- Seems to be mixed opinions on Hibs - I've also heard Celtic do not like us and I actually did indeed randomly get a lot of stick about my City shirt from a Celtic fan on this side of the pond a while back...this have anything to do with the historical ties between Man Utd/Liverpool and Irish immigrants? (I know both of those clubs have a lot of fans in Ireland and so I'm curious as to whether clubs that use Irish imagery tend not to like us for that reason)

- Dumb Yank question incoming: I'm guessing people call Arsenal "Tarquins" because they're seen as posh Londoners? I've never heard the term "Tarquin" describe anything outside of one of the ancient kings of Rome so I didn't realize it's a pejorative for "upper crust"
Rangers?! After what those feral scumbags did to our city in 2008, sod that right off.

Scottish football fans are worse than scousers.

I travelled to the 1991 game with a pile of Mackems and I drank in a Mackem pub at Roker many times. Sound boys.

That's it. For the most part Sunderland fans are just basically sound. Not up themselves, seen hard times, self deprecating but loyal to their team. Got a neighbour that's full of self mythologising shit that they justifiably can't stand. Remind you of anyone you used to know?

Living in gateshead the SAFC fans I no are great towards us loved my visits to Roker Park always seemed to be midweek games for some reason, allso the SOL sooner they go up the better but won't hold my breath.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.