Other Fans City Fans Get On With

- I've also heard we have good relations with Rangers, is this still a thing?

- Seems to be mixed opinions on Hibs - I've also heard Celtic do not like us and I actually did indeed randomly get a lot of stick about my City shirt from a Celtic fan on this side of the pond a while back...this have anything to do with the historical ties between Man Utd/Liverpool and Irish immigrants? (I know both of those clubs have a lot of fans in Ireland and so I'm curious as to whether clubs that use Irish imagery tend not to like us for that reason)

- Dumb Yank question incoming: I'm guessing people call Arsenal "Tarquins" because they're seen as posh Londoners? I've never heard the term "Tarquin" describe anything outside of one of the ancient kings of Rome so I didn't realize it's a pejorative for "upper crust"
You've pretty much got it as to why you might have got those comments.
Mostly myths lapped up by people who want to believe them but mos
- I've also heard we have good relations with Rangers, is this still a thing?

- Seems to be mixed opinions on Hibs - I've also heard Celtic do not like us and I actually did indeed randomly get a lot of stick about my City shirt from a Celtic fan on this side of the pond a while back...this have anything to do with the historical ties between Man Utd/Liverpool and Irish immigrants? (I know both of those clubs have a lot of fans in Ireland and so I'm curious as to whether clubs that use Irish imagery tend not to like us for that reason)

- Dumb Yank question incoming: I'm guessing people call Arsenal "Tarquins" because they're seen as posh Londoners? I've never heard the term "Tarquin" describe anything outside of one of the ancient kings of Rome so I didn't realize it's a pejorative for "upper crust"
On the right lines I would say
Most of the London clubs I'm aware of West Ham, Spurs etc consider Arsenal fans as not really proper football people and a little as Dick Heads.
Liverpool have no Irish heritage whatsoever and Uniteds was invented by a former manager who used to play for City. So like most things united connected e g ground name Old Trafford (is a cricket ground), Theatre of Dreams (from a US stadium), Nickname Red Devils ( Rugby team) , song Glory Glory ((Tottenham Hotspurs song) it is all very false.

You've pretty much got it as to why you might have got those comments.
Mostly myths lapped up by people who want to believe them but mos

On the right lines I would say
Most of the London clubs I'm aware of West Ham, Spurs etc consider Arsenal fans as not really proper football people and a little as Dick Heads.
Liverpool have no Irish heritage whatsoever and Uniteds was invented by a former manager who used to play for City. So like most things united connected e g ground name Old Trafford (is a cricket ground), Theatre of Dreams (from a US stadium), Nickname Red Devils ( Rugby team) , song Glory Glory ((Tottenham Hotspurs song) it is all very false.
Pride of all Europe Stoke City ( pride of the Midlands cock of the north), nick nack paddy wack City, ( Georgie Best has got VD). Little original comes out of OT , but did like "always the victims.

Rangers?! After what those feral scumbags did to our city in 2008, sod that right off.

Scottish football fans are worse than scousers.
Your going to get dickheads in an away support of 200,000, 99% of them were sound and after living up there I can say in my experience most are pro City or Chelsea when it comes to English teams. Many Northern Irish Rangers fans seem to have a United love in though

Your going to get dickheads in an away support of 200,000, 99% of them were sound and after living up there I can say in my experience most are pro City or Chelsea when it comes to English teams. Many Northern Irish Rangers fans seem to have a United love in though

99% of them were not sound on that day and given that’s my experience of Rangers fans they can get in the Scouse bin for me.

And all the political extremism that comes with the Glasgow football thing can fuck off as well, on both sides.

As I live in Bournemouth I do have a bit of self-preservation in mind, but their fans are pretty sound in comparison to most. Only a small ground but their vocal support and atmosphere on match days is hard to beat, and they were mostly very respectful when I managed to sneak a hospitality package to watch City earlier in the season.

I actually traveled down ticketless on a Rangers bus from Airdrie and was the tour guide for the day.
View attachment 119882
Minus the Brendan badge

Hope your bus wasn’t smashed in like half the vehicles and shop fronts in Manchester city centre were. The next day it was like a scene from a war zone. The most destruction I’ve ever seen, it was genuinely terrifying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.