Other fans perceptions of us

After my latest run in with another teams fan (gooner) in my local Tesco. It's odd how much grief I get in that Tesco lol.

I have decided not to enter into 'conversation' with any other fans ( unless City ) and just show them the 4 finger sign and walk off :)

I think you are too nice.

I’m 71 so not really a physical threat unless I trip and fall on them. But going over the top and fucking them off works for me.
Frankly my dear.....
I don’t give a dam.

I drink with a lot of London teams fans, they have no problem with City. They do all detest United and Liverpool though.
This is exactly right. I see a few posts on here about how Arsenal fans hate City etc but that's nonsense - we'd much rather City win the PL than Liverpool, Rags or Chelsea. There's no real animosity to City that I've noticed.

(Obviously I didn't add Spurs to that list above as there's no point mentioning them and trophies in the same sentence.)

Did a airport run yesterday has a favour for a mate who couldn’t do it. Anyway the old gentleman I picked up turned out to be a forest fan and that’s when the conversation became interesting. Obviously I had asked him if he was a brummie and no Nottingham and then asked where I was from Manchester I replied and the next obvious question who do you support? Well I’m from Manchester I’m a blue and then it started. Why aren’t City being sanctioned like we were?. It’s about 35 mins from the airport to where I was dropping him off and began telling him with my limited legal expertise what the alleged allegations were all about. He like most only believe what the media spoon feed them. After 20 mins he realized that what he has been told all these months that there was another narrative and then asked him how do you feel being sanctioned by the pl and the rags get a free ride with £75 million gift from the prem and you got fuck all?. Anyway got him to his destination safely( spanish drivers are bonkers by the way). And I hope he took on board what I said. The postscript to all this the media are a bunch of twats who has somebody on here as said befor Joseph gobbles whould be proud. Any back to my daily liquid bread BEER.

This is exactly right. I see a few posts on here about how Arsenal fans hate City etc but that's nonsense - we'd much rather City win the PL than Liverpool, Rags or Chelsea. There's no real animosity to City that I've noticed.

(Obviously I didn't add Spurs to that list above as there's no point mentioning them and trophies in the same sentence.)

I don't think we have any real problem with any London club with the exception of Spurs. The way I have analysed this is that around the time of the ADUG takeover they themselves had a pretty bloody good team (Modric and Bale in the same team at one point! and some useful players around those two, like Lennon) and famously, they pipped us for the spot in the Champions League. They really thought they were going to kick on from there. The plain fact is that despite having had some bloody good players over the years (but never really a team) they haven't won a damn thing, and most of the time, don't qualify for the CL (could be wrong on that, can't be fagged to check it). In some weird way I think they believe that we ‘usurped’ their place at the top table. Although they don't much like United, Liverpool or (of course) you lot, they more or less accept their presence at that top table with a heavy heart.
They felt they had done it the ‘right way’ and got nothing for their pains. In London itself they've had to watch you and Chelsea being champions, and winning the F.A. Cup from time to time. Chelsea of course have twice been CL champions.
They hate us at least as much as we hate them. If you doubt that, take a look on Glory Glory or The Fighting Cock (if you can bear). But not only that, in talking with Spurs fans, I just come up against a brick wall. I don't dislike them for 1981 (and I was there), unlike many on here, but for this overweening arrogance that seems to go along with sweet fuck all in terms of actual achievements. They sometimes play pretty football, but the long haul? Forget it?. But then, I suppose, Spurs are gonna spursy…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.