Other fans perceptions of us

I always disliked Spurs, even as a kid.

Also, they should never be able to talk about '115' after they were docked 12 pts and banned from the cup for dodgy payments, which they admitted.

Though because they were part of the establishment they got it overturned after paying the FA off.
They also "circumvented" FA rules when floating on the stock market to raise money in the early 90's.
It was against FA rules to do this but along with the rag filth, got round this by creating a holding company amd floated that instead.

See I have this conundrum where I’m going to try and get oasis tickets on Saturday and both my daughters are both saying how great it would be if they wore retro city tops. I really like the idea but I know deep down that it probably isn’t the safest thing for them to do because of the hatred for us that’s been stirred up by the media. So what do I do? Let them enjoy the moment of wearing retro city tops whilst bopping away to city supporting frontmen or do I warn them against wearing them because of what could happen from booze fuelled hostility from brainwashed idiots. I shouldn’t have to think like this but this is how the media have whipped up other fans of other clubs to hate us.
A fair point an event at which a few coked up blokes in their 50s may suddenly find their inner rag, dipper etc or maybe just go with the flow given their kids are watching!

Agree, Spurs absolutely hate City and some of the bile on the Fighting Cock is almost as bad as the vitriol they level at Arsenal. I remember after the game last season when you won at their ground a City fan made the mistake of posting on their match thread that at least Arsenal wouldn't win the league and the abuse he got was outrageous.

That being said I think pretty much every London club has Spurs as the team they hate the most in London. They just seem to be a very unlikeable team for some reason. The Arsenal/Spurs dislike is obvious but Chelsea, West Ham, Fulham, Palace, Brentford all hate Spurs and I'd say the Chelsea/Spurs animosity is almost as bad as that between Arsenal and Spurs.

They speak of other London clubs with contempt. West Ham for example are “Canning Town Bingo Club”. Now you could say, ah, it's just banter, you've got to give it out and take it. But there's a real arrogance behind it. We are “Emirates Marketing Project”. Yes, haha, sure, whatever. Everyone is something. You are of course just “the scum” or often “Woolwich”.

And you think to yourself, who exactly are these no-marks to despise everyone else?
No, we've got a good Tottenham poster on here, always very fair minded, who I respect, and I shouldn't be talking this way about his club. But I just can't bring myself to like them.

Yet again, I can't help feeling how poisonous football has become, and the social media definitely have their share of responsibility in all this. The old White Hart Lane was, as it happens, the very first ground I saw a match at (yes, even before Maine Rd, don't ask, it's a long story). I didn't go as a fan, other than of football. Just as a neutral, to see a good football match. And I did too — Greavesy, Gilzean, Mackay, Jennings in goal for them, Hunt, Thompson, St John, Smith, Yeats, that lot for the other side.
A fine old ground, with a lot of atmosphere. Seems a long way back to that past.

Did a airport run yesterday has a favour for a mate who couldn’t do it. Anyway the old gentleman I picked up turned out to be a forest fan and that’s when the conversation became interesting. Obviously I had asked him if he was a brummie and no Nottingham and then asked where I was from Manchester I replied and the next obvious question who do you support? Well I’m from Manchester I’m a blue and then it started. Why aren’t City being sanctioned like we were?. It’s about 35 mins from the airport to where I was dropping him off and began telling him with my limited legal expertise what the alleged allegations were all about. He like most only believe what the media spoon feed them. After 20 mins he realized that what he has been told all these months that there was another narrative and then asked him how do you feel being sanctioned by the pl and the rags get a free ride with £75 million gift from the prem and you got fuck all?. Anyway got him to his destination safely( spanish drivers are bonkers by the way). And I hope he took on board what I said. The postscript to all this the media are a bunch of twats who has somebody on here as said befor Joseph gobbles whould be proud. Any back to my daily liquid bread BEER.
Which airport ?

Nobody's started on me with this, but if they do, there is a very simple comeback, which I have prepared in my mind.
I shall not deny, I shall not explain. I shall not defend. I shall not apologise.
I shall ask them, very quietly, “Are you able to give me the exact wording of any of the 115 charges?”
If they can't, then there is no purpose in continuing the conversation. It can be said to them, “So in effect, you literally don't know what you're talking about.” That is, it's not a figure of speech.

I shall also add, quietly, what I firmly believe, exactly what Pep's said — “If we are found guilty on any of the counts, we shall accept the sanctions, whatever they may be. That's the law.” I shall also add, what Pep didn't say, but I do, “… and we shall carry on supporting this great club, whether in the Champions League, or the Conference League. Because that's what we did in the third division. It's what we do.”
Case closed.
My reply name me five charges if you can we can chat if you can't fuck off it's that simple haven't met one yet that can

My reply name me five charges if you can we can chat if you can't fuck off it's that simple haven't met one yet that can

That's a pretty good block to stop them in dead their tracks. But actually I seriously doubt that there are any that can give you, more or less verbatim, one single charge. They just repeat vague allegations that are swilling around in the media, like sheep going baaa.
Problem about the law is that a charge is supposed to be precise, otherwise I doubt it can be made to stick.
Anyway,I deeply want this thing to be resolved now, one way or the other.

Many fans from across the divisions know of our history,have chatted to us informally,and know that we've done the hard,shitty yards for years.

We were many fans 'second team' when we were at our shittyst.

Even Wenger said we were the best supporters he'd come across.

Much of this remains the case to this day in spite of 115 and everything that's thrown at us, because the fans of most clubs are not directly affected.

The shit and ignorance comes from those we've surpassed and daft twats from small clubs like vanilla who haven't been successful since the last century.

If you know, you know !!

Halkidiki last week
Not many English at our hotel but the few of us there started with acknowledging each other so there’s a family ( from Leeds) similar to mine who we sat near during the afternoon and swapped holidays experiences etc.. first three days nice and pleasant fourth day I had a city t-shirt on passed the guy from Leeds in reception and looked and said “ didn’t know your a glory hunter “.
Mrs snake full of venom nudged and winked said leave it for now.
So during the afternoon we took our place in the shade and there’s my mate from Leeds.
Ok pal ? He asked , yes I’m ok mate are you ? . So you watch Leeds mate ? I asked ay mate he replied. Ended up football top trumps I’ve done 87 grounds in England 16 in Europe. What’s your script mate ? I asked .
I’m more rhinos than football he said .
All inclusive here mate swallow the food and not the bull shit media .

We never spoke again.
True story from last week.
Fook em all.

That's a pretty good block to stop them in dead their tracks. But actually I seriously doubt that there are any that can give you, more or less verbatim, one single charge. They just repeat vague allegations that are swilling around in the media, like sheep going baaa.
Problem about the law is that a charge is supposed to be precise, otherwise I doubt it can be made to stick.
Anyway,I deeply want this thing to be resolved now, one way or the other.
Me too blue will be happy when it's done

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.