Other fans perceptions of us

Did a airport run yesterday has a favour for a mate who couldn’t do it. Anyway the old gentleman I picked up turned out to be a forest fan and that’s when the conversation became interesting. Obviously I had asked him if he was a brummie and no Nottingham and then asked where I was from Manchester I replied and the next obvious question who do you support? Well I’m from Manchester I’m a blue and then it started. Why aren’t City being sanctioned like we were?. It’s about 35 mins from the airport to where I was dropping him off and began telling him with my limited legal expertise what the alleged allegations were all about. He like most only believe what the media spoon feed them. After 20 mins he realized that what he has been told all these months that there was another narrative and then asked him how do you feel being sanctioned by the pl and the rags get a free ride with £75 million gift from the prem and you got fuck all?. Anyway got him to his destination safely( spanish drivers are bonkers by the way). And I hope he took on board what I said. The postscript to all this the media are a bunch of twats who has somebody on here as said befor Joseph gobbles whould be proud. Any back to my daily liquid bread BEER.
Nah.
he like all the rest start as a matter for course.
If you had said nowt he would of continued his diatribe and bollox, he only shut it or toned his talk down cos you answered back,he , and all of them are the same.Gobby no nowts and cower down when challenged.

Nah.
he like all the rest start as a matter for course.
If you had said nowt he would of continued his diatribe and bollox, he only shut it or toned his talk down cos you answered back,he , and all of them are the same.Gobby no nowts and cower down when challenged.
One has to his best to give these people guidance.

Did a airport run yesterday has a favour for a mate who couldn’t do it. Anyway the old gentleman I picked up turned out to be a forest fan and that’s when the conversation became interesting. Obviously I had asked him if he was a brummie and no Nottingham and then asked where I was from Manchester I replied and the next obvious question who do you support? Well I’m from Manchester I’m a blue and then it started. Why aren’t City being sanctioned like we were?. It’s about 35 mins from the airport to where I was dropping him off and began telling him with my limited legal expertise what the alleged allegations were all about. He like most only believe what the media spoon feed them. After 20 mins he realized that what he has been told all these months that there was another narrative and then asked him how do you feel being sanctioned by the pl and the rags get a free ride with £75 million gift from the prem and you got fuck all?. Anyway got him to his destination safely( spanish drivers are bonkers by the way). And I hope he took on board what I said. The postscript to all this the media are a bunch of twats who has somebody on here as said befor Joseph gobbles whould be proud. Any back to my daily liquid bread BEER.

Nobody's started on me with this, but if they do, there is a very simple comeback, which I have prepared in my mind.
I shall not deny, I shall not explain. I shall not defend. I shall not apologise.
I shall ask them, very quietly, “Are you able to give me the exact wording of any of the 115 charges?”
If they can't, then there is no purpose in continuing the conversation. It can be said to them, “So in effect, you literally don't know what you're talking about.” That is, it's not a figure of speech.

I shall also add, quietly, what I firmly believe, exactly what Pep's said — “If we are found guilty on any of the counts, we shall accept the sanctions, whatever they may be. That's the law.” I shall also add, what Pep didn't say, but I do, “… and we shall carry on supporting this great club, whether in the Champions League, or the Conference League. Because that's what we did in the third division. It's what we do.”
Case closed.

Nobody's started on me with this, but if they do, there is a very simple comeback, which I have prepared in my mind.
I shall not deny, I shall not explain. I shall not defend. I shall not apologise.
I shall ask them, very quietly, “Are you able to give me the exact wording of any of the 115 charges?”
If they can't, then there is no purpose in continuing the conversation. It can be said to them, “So in effect, you literally don't know what you're talking about.” That is, it's not a figure of speech.

I shall also add, quietly, what I firmly believe, exactly what Pep's said — “If we are found guilty on any of the counts, we shall accept the sanctions, whatever they may be. That's the law.” I shall also add, what Pep didn't say, but I do, “… and we shall carry on supporting this great club, whether in the Champions League, or the Conference League. Because that's what we did in the third division. It's what we do.”
Case closed.
Or tell them to.fuck off

I don't think we have any real problem with any London club with the exception of Spurs. The way I have analysed this is that around the time of the ADUG takeover they themselves had a pretty bloody good team (Modric and Bale in the same team at one point! and some useful players around those two, like Lennon) and famously, they pipped us for the spot in the Champions League. They really thought they were going to kick on from there. The plain fact is that despite having had some bloody good players over the years (but never really a team) they haven't won a damn thing, and most of the time, don't qualify for the CL (could be wrong on that, can't be fagged to check it). In some weird way I think they believe that we ‘usurped’ their place at the top table. Although they don't much like United, Liverpool or (of course) you lot, they more or less accept their presence at that top table with a heavy heart.
They felt they had done it the ‘right way’ and got nothing for their pains. In London itself they've had to watch you and Chelsea being champions, and winning the F.A. Cup from time to time. Chelsea of course have twice been CL champions.
They hate us at least as much as we hate them. If you doubt that, take a look on Glory Glory or The Fighting Cock (if you can bear). But not only that, in talking with Spurs fans, I just come up against a brick wall. I don't dislike them for 1981 (and I was there), unlike many on here, but for this overweening arrogance that seems to go along with sweet fuck all in terms of actual achievements. They sometimes play pretty football, but the long haul? Forget it?. But then, I suppose, Spurs are gonna spursy…
Agree, Spurs absolutely hate City and some of the bile on the Fighting Cock is almost as bad as the vitriol they level at Arsenal. I remember after the game last season when you won at their ground a City fan made the mistake of posting on their match thread that at least Arsenal wouldn't win the league and the abuse he got was outrageous.

That being said I think pretty much every London club has Spurs as the team they hate the most in London. They just seem to be a very unlikeable team for some reason. The Arsenal/Spurs dislike is obvious but Chelsea, West Ham, Fulham, Palace, Brentford all hate Spurs and I'd say the Chelsea/Spurs animosity is almost as bad as that between Arsenal and Spurs.

Agree, Spurs absolutely hate City and some of the bile on the Fighting Cock is almost as bad as the vitriol they level at Arsenal. I remember after the game last season when you won at their ground a City fan made the mistake of posting on their match thread that at least Arsenal wouldn't win the league and the abuse he got was outrageous.

That being said I think pretty much every London club has Spurs as the team they hate the most in London. They just seem to be a very unlikeable team for some reason. The Arsenal/Spurs dislike is obvious but Chelsea, West Ham, Fulham, Palace, Brentford all hate Spurs and I'd say the Chelsea/Spurs animosity is almost as bad as that between Arsenal and Spurs.
I always disliked Spurs, even as a kid.

Also, they should never be able to talk about '115' after they were docked 12 pts and banned from the cup for dodgy payments, which they admitted.

Though because they were part of the establishment they got it overturned after paying the FA off.

See I have this conundrum where I’m going to try and get oasis tickets on Saturday and both my daughters are both saying how great it would be if they wore retro city tops. I really like the idea but I know deep down that it probably isn’t the safest thing for them to do because of the hatred for us that’s been stirred up by the media. So what do I do? Let them enjoy the moment of wearing retro city tops whilst bopping away to city supporting frontmen or do I warn them against wearing them because of what could happen from booze fuelled hostility from brainwashed idiots. I shouldn’t have to think like this but this is how the media have whipped up other fans of other clubs to hate us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.