Other fans perceptions of us

I manage to talk non raving mad social media obsessed, TS listening Sky sport watching simpletons around when engaged in proper conversation where allowed to give my view of being a 48 year old city fan who grew up watching utd win trebles whilst we fought for survival.
The beauty of those who I mention above is they give themselves away within about 5 sentences and I can fuck them off in an instant and let them know the conversation is over.
Sadly the normal are outnumbered by the idiots at this point due to an organised media onslaught over the years.
It’s quite cathartic watching a red, be it liverpool, utd or arsenal fan being dismayed they haven’t even managed a line on their city bingo.

Many fans from across the divisions know of our history,have chatted to us informally,and know that we've done the hard,shitty yards for years.

We were many fans 'second team' when we were at our shittyst.

Even Wenger said we were the best supporters he'd come across.

Much of this remains the case to this day in spite of 115 and everything that's thrown at us, because the fans of most clubs are not directly affected.

The shit and ignorance comes from those we've surpassed and daft twats from small clubs like vanilla who haven't been successful since the last century.

If you know, you know !!
For a big club you definitely have the best fans and I think a big part of it is because you've only relatively recently become world beaters and haven't yet attracted the hanger-on fans that other big clubs get.

I always had a soft spot for City fans - it started in a previous job where we had a box at the Emirates as well as Club Wembley seats. For Arsenal v City I used to invite a client and his dad down from Manchester, both long term City fans who'd seen their share of big defeats and dark days. They were always so grateful and just fans of football and in the early days Arsenal would beat them. Then as City got better the games got tighter and in recent years obviously City got the upper hand (the last time I had them down was the infamous 0-3 in the snow at a half-empty Emirates). I moved jobs not long after.

Even when they were successful they both remained the same down to earth, level headed guys and always grateful and respectful. No piss taking.

With the Club Wembley tickets we got Engand games, FA Cup, League Cup and Play offs. I took a different bunch of City fans for the final against Stoke in 2011, Toure got the winner and just the tears and emotion, and sheer joy it gave them was really lovely to see. Proper fans.

I'm sure in another 5 years or so City will get a bunch of knobhead fans get on the bandwagon like the other big teams but to date most City fans have been through thick and very thin and that tends to keep them grounded. Plus they tend to be very well behaved (I absolutely refused to invite Liverpool or Leeds fans to any game for the opposite reason as it always kicked off after their 6th pint).

For a big club you definitely have the best fans and I think a big part of it is because you've only relatively recently become world beaters and haven't yet attracted the hanger-on fans that other big clubs get.

I always had a soft spot for City fans - it started in a previous job where we had a box at the Emirates as well as Club Wembley seats. For Arsenal v City I used to invite a client and his dad down from Manchester, both long term City fans who'd seen their share of big defeats and dark days. They were always so grateful and just fans of football and in the early days Arsenal would beat them. Then as City got better the games got tighter and in recent years obviously City got the upper hand (the last time I had them down was the infamous 0-3 in the snow at a half-empty Emirates). I moved jobs not long after.

Even when they were successful they both remained the same down to earth, level headed guys and always grateful and respectful. No piss taking.

With the Club Wembley tickets we got Engand games, FA Cup, League Cup and Play offs. I took a different bunch of City fans for the final against Stoke in 2011, Toure got the winner and just the tears and emotion, and sheer joy it gave them was really lovely to see. Proper fans.

I'm sure in another 5 years or so City will get a bunch of knobhead fans get on the bandwagon like the other big teams but to date most City fans have been through thick and very thin and that tends to keep them grounded. Plus they tend to be very well behaved (I absolutely refused to invite Liverpool or Leeds fans to any game for the opposite reason as it always kicked off after their 6th pint).
Honourable,appreciated.

The West Ham forum is full of the same old anti City tropes I expected better of them for some reason
They're still a bunch of bitter Cockney twats as far as I'm concerned,just that some are more bitter than others (Spurs and Arse come to mind).
I always enjoy singing " City tearing Cockneys apart again" every time we beat a team from The Smoke !!

Sorry to burst your bubble but what they say behind your back is how they really feel!

View attachment 130288

Sorry to burst your bubble but what they say behind your back is how they really feel!

View attachment 130288

A few comments on a forum is hardly representative of their fanbase.

I think every fanbase will have fans holding different views but in the main we have always had a good relationship with their fans.

And it’s the internet, where some people behave/speak very differently to how they would in real life.

Nice post. I’m not being rude when I say it does change - my first job was in London, 1980 to 1987 (thatchers Britain, more work in London than anywhere else). Without a doubt in those days arsenal fans were a lot better than spurs - from memory typically 15k more at Highbury than whl, spurs crowds just used to be big for the cup games. You could generally have a drink and banter with arsenal fans, definitely not with spurs. The arsenal fanbase has definitely got a lot more entitled, (you are an obvious exception) but still not as obnoxious as spurs tbf

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.