Other fans perceptions of us

A few West Ham TV videos popped up on Youtube and most of their fans seem to think they might have got something from the game had it not been for the bar and Eddie's late save. The post and a great save preventing KDB getting a couple wasn't mentioned.
However, the presenter and most fans agreed Haaland is some sort of alien and just can't be stopped. West Ham TV seem to interview football fans rather than the attention-seeking fuckwits courted by Arsenal Fans TV. Innit, fam, blud.

We scored their goal for them. They may have hit the woodwork but so did we.

Had their first half been as good as their second then 3-1 may have been closer. It wasn’t. A Haaland hat trick deserves three points.

West Ham were a City of the South for me back in the day. They’ve real potential and need to kick on in that new stadium.

Nice post. I’m not being rude when I say it does change - my first job was in London, 1980 to 1987 (thatchers Britain, more work in London than anywhere else). Without a doubt in those days arsenal fans were a lot better than spurs - from memory typically 15k more at Highbury than whl, spurs crowds just used to be big for the cup games. You could generally have a drink and banter with arsenal fans, definitely not with spurs. The arsenal fanbase has definitely got a lot more entitled, (you are an obvious exception) but still not as obnoxious as spurs tbf
For sure. Spurs fans are as unfriendly as they are humourless. Always found Arsenal fans to be sound. As we drink in the area fairly close to Highbury & Islington Station after games against Arsenal, we often end up chatting to them. One of the friendlier fanbases, without a doubt.

I remember one time a small group of Arsenal fans coming over to chat to a mate and I (he wore colours). We had just beaten them in the League Cup but they refused to let us buy any drinks. Top lads.

A few West Ham TV videos popped up on Youtube and most of their fans seem to think they might have got something from the game had it not been for the bar and Eddie's late save. The post and a great save preventing KDB getting a couple wasn't mentioned.
However, the presenter and most fans agreed Haaland is some sort of alien and just can't be stopped. West Ham TV seem to interview football fans rather than the attention-seeking fuckwits courted by Arsenal Fans TV. Innit, fam, blud.

I guess they must have been having a pee during the times we had our chances.

We scored their goal for them. They may have hit the woodwork but so did we.

Had their first half been as good as their second then 3-1 may have been closer. It wasn’t. A Haaland hat trick deserves three points.

West Ham were a City of the South for me back in the day. They’ve real potential and need to kick on in that new stadium.
Yeah, that conveniently slips under the East End radar! They ought to check the stats of the game and see how far behind they were! The comms were far more vociferous and gave the impression that it was dreadful bad luck over West Ham hitting the post than either of Kev's shots!

I did a double check of our defence when Bowen had the ball. Josko should have blocked the cross first of all, but we had six defenders in our box when the ball flew past Eddie and West Ham had Bowen and some other fellah jogging down the left wing. Purely the best of fortune for West Ham.

A few comments on a forum is hardly representative of their fanbase.

I think every fanbase will have fans holding different views but in the main we have always had a good relationship with their fans.

And it’s the internet, where some people behave/speak very differently to how they would in real life.
The thing about West ham fans is they can dislike your club while still having a beer with you and treating you as an individual on your own merits. I've had many beers with Hammers fans, lots of banter but genuinely good eggs and they tend to know their football. Never any aggro. Can't do the same with Spurs fans and with Liverpool fans it inevitably goes tits up after the 4th pint.

I mentioned before we used to have a box at the Emirates. I'll tell you a story now. The box used to cost the company over £200k a year once you factored in all the food etc so we were under pressure from the leaders of the company to maximise our investment and make sure we got prospects to all matches. I remember once Arsenal had drawn Leyton Orient in the Carling Cup and had drawn at their place so there was a replay at the Emirates in midweek and it was a nasty cold time of year.

As you can imagine this wasn't easy to get punters in for, in the end one of our clients had a brother who was an Orient fan and he was up for it, plus wanted to bring a mate. 'Okay then, invite them and I'll be happy to host them'.

So the 2 lads turn up. The Orient fan mentions he goes to all their away League matches but never the home matches (alarm bells going off in my head here). His mate was a Millwall supporter. Both were fine, both cockneys but watched the game with me and Arsenal won something like 5-1 or so from memory. No drama (yet).

Anyway after the match we walk down Holloway Road towards Angel & Islington station and decide to grab a pint in an Arsenal pub about halfway between the Emirates and the station. We're having a pint when one obnoxious Gooner clocks some Orient fans walking towards the station and runs toward the door shouting something like 'fuck off home, back to playing Grimsby now, hahahah' or something like that.

At this point the Millwall fan, in one smooth motion calmly puts his beer on the table, headbuts the Arsenal fan, as he's collapsing he kicks him in the head and once he's on the floor spits on him. he then picks up the beer again and takes a sip and carries on talking as if nothing had happened whilst this Gooner is twitching away on the floor at his feet.

I could see in the corner of my eye other Gooners looking at this, and making the decision that the Millwall fan was an absolute lunatic plus the fallen gooner kind of deserved it for being a cockwomble and so they just decided to give it a wide berth!

Anyway at this point I'm thinking I'm either going to get done for hooliganism, or the Millwall fan is going to go on a rampage so I tried to cut it short 'oh look at the time, don't want to miss the train etc'. At that time Iived in Streatham Hill in South London which meant I then had to share a train back to Victoria with the Millwall nutter and I was anxiously studying any Arsenal fans on the train in case they did anything to provoke this absolute lunatic! I also made a mental note to never go to Millwall away!

The thing about West ham fans is they can dislike your club while still having a beer with you and treating you as an individual on your own merits. I've had many beers with Hammers fans, lots of banter but genuinely good eggs and they tend to know their football. Never any aggro. Can't do the same with Spurs fans and with Liverpool fans it inevitably goes tits up after the 4th pint.

I mentioned before we used to have a box at the Emirates. I'll tell you a story now. The box used to cost the company over £200k a year once you factored in all the food etc so we were under pressure from the leaders of the company to maximise our investment and make sure we got prospects to all matches. I remember once Arsenal had drawn Leyton Orient in the Carling Cup and had drawn at their place so there was a replay at the Emirates in midweek and it was a nasty cold time of year.

As you can imagine this wasn't easy to get punters in for, in the end one of our clients had a brother who was an Orient fan and he was up for it, plus wanted to bring a mate. 'Okay then, invite them and I'll be happy to host them'.

So the 2 lads turn up. The Orient fan mentions he goes to all their away League matches but never the home matches (alarm bells going off in my head here). His mate was a Millwall supporter. Both were fine, both cockneys but watched the game with me and Arsenal won something like 5-1 or so from memory. No drama (yet).

Anyway after the match we walk down Holloway Road towards Angel & Islington station and decide to grab a pint in an Arsenal pub about halfway between the Emirates and the station. We're having a pint when one obnoxious Gooner clocks some Orient fans walking towards the station and runs toward the door shouting something like 'fuck off home, back to playing Grimsby now, hahahah' or something like that.

At this point the Millwall fan, in one smooth motion calmly puts his beer on the table, headbuts the Arsenal fan, as he's collapsing he kicks him in the head and once he's on the floor spits on him. he then picks up the beer again and takes a sip and carries on talking as if nothing had happened whilst this Gooner is twitching away on the floor at his feet.

I could see in the corner of my eye other Gooners looking at this, and making the decision that the Millwall fan was an absolute lunatic plus the fallen gooner kind of deserved it for being a cockwomble and so they just decided to give it a wide berth!

Anyway at this point I'm thinking I'm either going to get done for hooliganism, or the Millwall fan is going to go on a rampage so I tried to cut it short 'oh look at the time, don't want to miss the train etc'. At that time Iived in Streatham Hill in South London which meant I then had to share a train back to Victoria with the Millwall nutter and I was anxiously studying any Arsenal fans on the train in case they did anything to provoke this absolute lunatic! I also made a mental note to never go to Millwall away!
What do they say, chat shit get banged.

The Millwall fan must have been Harry the Dog of F- Troop fame (Panorama 1977 documentary) come out of retirement just to remind everyone who the top firm in London still are !!

Fuck em. I don't seek the validation of Fat Kev the Newcastle fan telling me how fucking brilliant our club is at football. Neither do I seek it from the media or other pundits. I watch it with my own fucking eyes and absolutely revel in it.

Fuck every other **** and his dog.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.