Other fans perceptions of us

I find Newcastle fans in general to be some of the worst towards us. They hated the rags but seem bitter towards our success. I see loads of posts about how we were a small club before the takeover and how big they are....they should go and look back on average attendances because they'll see how much bigger we are than they think. And considering we had another club outside the city winning the lot and they're a one club city it's even more impressive. They're all loving GNIAC's comments on PSR without realising that he's named Newcastle to try and protect himself, but all he cares about is the rags being successful and he's only whingeing because he wants the rags to be able to spend what they want.
Newcastle also have a huge catchment area outside the city, with Gateahead just over the river and the whole of Northumberland to the north. Always seem obsessed about pointing out empty seats when they visit.

I the late 80s early 90s Newcastle averaged some really low crowds, lower than our average. In 90/91 season their average attendance was 16,860 whilst we averaged 27,874. The last trophy they won was the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup 1969, and that's not really a proper trophy. Last time they won the league was in 1909 and they last lifted the FA Cup in 1955. And they haven't won the League Cup. Only deluded geordies believe they're a bigger club than us.

They also have this weird one sided rivalry with the rags as they actually competed for the league against them a couple of times in the 90s

Strange bunch.

Newcastle United are nowhere near the club they think they are. They’ve huge potential, like Leeds, but have underachieved for as long as I can remember.

Once. 95/96.

Oh was it, thought they had another blast at it.

That bad eh? Bless em.

Still, they might get another hero born in Coal street who can head it in and blast in a few pens for them to wank over for a decade over in the next few years, the rest of us will continue actually competing for titles....

I consider myself a City fan but I’m afraid I couldn’t name 5 charges. In fact I couldn’t name 1.

My attitude would I suppose be classed as burying my head in the sand. However it is just simply that that is for a section of the club to Deal with. The legal section. They know what they’re doing and if they don’t why don’t they?

When it’s all sorted out someone will explain it one way or the other. However we will still be MANCHESTER CITY, THE BEST TEAM IN THE LAND AND ALL THE WORLD.
And that my friends is all that matters. IMHO
:-) ;-)
how 'bout the Charge of the light brigade?...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.