Our attack - what's off?

Why have we got two players who cover the left flank who are right footed? Then the other winger on the other side coming in on his left, the split second to come inside give the defence a brief moment to shuffle everything over and cut off all options. We won the league with a 100 points with two wingers making the pitch massive and stretching teams.

Why have we got two players who cover the left flank who are right footed? Then the other winger on the other side coming in on his left, the split second to come inside give the defence a brief moment to shuffle everything over and cut off all options. We won the league with a 100 points with two wingers making the pitch massive and stretching teams.

Exactly

So what were saying is that a guy who used to supports us when he was a kid will not come even though we gave the financial power to blow everyone out of the deal with a deal that would be hard to turn down . We will do our usual which is look For raw talent which may work but probably wont. This is one position we cannot get wrong . But what I don’t get is 3 days ago on here everything was peaches and roses because pep has signed the contract which could mean 34 year old messi would be coming which meant 32 year old kun would sign a new contract and we would be set for years ha ha . Biggest load of bollox I’ve heard in years .
1. He also supported Leeds and he has said he did
2. We rarely if ever use our "financial power" - when was the last time we did?
3. You are correct - we cannto afford to get it wrong - but we have got others very wrong - Mendy, Gundogan, Marhez, Rodri - all wrong

Pep staying is a good thing - stability and not much better out there..plus the way he represents the club is impeccable. the pursuit of Messi has a number of levels to it...Csn he do it on the pitch - we would hope so but it is short term I would agree. Kun signing a new contract Im notso sure about as injuries may start to take their tole but who knows?

Haalands agent has referred to Pep as " a dog" in the past - Im not sure Khaldoon, Txixi or whoever would be willing to give him 20-30m just in agent fees when he has said that type of thing...plus the negative affect his agent has when the player is at a club...he would be agitating for a move within 2-3 years max just so he can have another pay day......

lots of reasons why he wont come.

Other clubs will deal with his agent, will pay the fees and will use financial power to get him (madrid, Utd have both shown they will pay well over the top for players - plus it is said that Haaland has a very positive relationship with OGS at utd)

We have a few players, who's natural instincs are drive and directness; Gabriel, Phil, Cancelo and now Torres.

If we would play more to their strengths, instead of them having to curb their instincts, and build a team-tactic around that I personally think we would have a more effective attack.

Of course Pep knows more about this than me or anyone else, but it seems at least plausible, and it would a hell of a lot more entertaining to watch.

1. He also supported Leeds and he has said he did
2. We rarely if ever use our "financial power" - when was the last time we did?
3. You are correct - we cannto afford to get it wrong - but we have got others very wrong - Mendy, Gundogan, Marhez, Rodri - all wrong

Pep staying is a good thing - stability and not much better out there..plus the way he represents the club is impeccable. the pursuit of Messi has a number of levels to it...Csn he do it on the pitch - we would hope so but it is short term I would agree. Kun signing a new contract Im notso sure about as injuries may start to take their tole but who knows?

Haalands agent has referred to Pep as " a dog" in the past - Im not sure Khaldoon, Txixi or whoever would be willing to give him 20-30m just in agent fees when he has said that type of thing...plus the negative affect his agent has when the player is at a club...he would be agitating for a move within 2-3 years max just so he can have another pay day......

lots of reasons why he wont come.

Other clubs will deal with his agent, will pay the fees and will use financial power to get him (madrid, Utd have both shown they will pay well over the top for players - plus it is said that Haaland has a very positive relationship with OGS at utd)
End of the day his forum is all about opinions and we are not all gonna agree on everything but one thing we all want is what’s best for Manchester City . Can’t see him going to Man Utd if I’m honest as ole will be gone by then .

The lack of creativity in the midfield is a major issue. We’re missing David Silva more that most recognise. He was crucial for breaking through the opposition’s midfield line and picking apart their back four. His vision and decision making in the final third was much better than he ever got credit for. We always struggled to break through a low block without him. Whilst Bernardo and Foden have other strengths, neither are consistently effective against a low block.

With regards to the front three, we lack pace and physical strength. None of our options are well-rounded. Sterling lacks in his finishing. Sergio has lost his acceleration. Torres isn’t particularly quick. Mahrez doesn’t suit the way we play and lacks intensity.

I think our best front three is Foden, Jesus and Sterling. It’s just not good enough to compete at the top level. The quality in our squad just isn’t there anymore. The spine of our team is flimsy. Kevin is carrying an enormous weight on his shoulders. He can’t drag us through every game alone. We need a recruitment overhaul and to start bringing in players that actually improve the first eleven.

No pace. No one who can carry the ball the way sane did. No one with the guile of Silva. No Aguero scaring CBs to death as soon as they see his name on the team sheet. No one winning ball back on edge of the opposition box as Dinho did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.