Our best 11 right now?

KDB is our best player.
I’ve not seen anyone dispute that, the question is does he get in our best team? Some like FI think not, I understand this POV because of our recent run of form without him, but I would always want to see him playing in the big games. The question that flows from that is who misses out to accommodate him? Interesting discussion.

I’ve not seen anyone dispute that, the question is does he get in our best team? Some like FI think not, I understand this POV because of our recent run of form without him, but I would always want to see him playing in the big games. The question that flows from that is who misses out to accommodate him? Interesting discussion.

Well, clearly, I think our best team includes our best player. We've had games whilst he has been away that we have won but that they were still crying out for his involvement.

I get that we have a very well balanced side without him but we actually need his risk taking and unique abilities.

Who misses out depends on who we are playing. I think it's between Foden and Sterling; and I'm tempted to go with experience. It's academic at this point though because we won't see a consistent XI used until the end of the season, if at all.

Well, clearly, I think our best team includes our best player. We've had games whilst he has been away that we have won but that they were still crying out for his involvement.

I get that we have a very well balanced side without him but we actually need his risk taking and unique abilities.

Who misses out depends on who we are playing. I think it's between Foden and Sterling; and I'm tempted to go with experience. It's academic at this point though because we won't see a consistent XI used until the end of the season, if at all.
Funny thing is, the fact that we’re even debating whether he should be in our best eleven is a huge positive. Onwards and upwards ;)

At this precise moment:
Ederson
Cancelo Stones Dias Zin
BS Rodri Gundo
Mahrez Gabby Phil

I think it is to difficult to pick our best 11, because we have a fantastic squad. Also Pep will pick teams dependent upon the opposition, and the way they play, or expected to play. I think the days of a first 11 is flawed. What you can pick are the players in form, but then you have to look at recent injuries, and game time. With the amount of games you need a good squad, who are all capable, we play twice a week, and we compete in every competition, not like some clubs, The days of a best 11 are gone.
Given fixtures between now and season end, the correct team selection (form,rotation, injury, opponent) for each match is the best 11 at that time. Even that changes during game with subs. No such thing as 1st 11 anymore

Given fixtures between now and season end, the correct team selection (form,rotation, injury, opponent) for each match is the best 11 at that time. Even that changes during game with subs. No such thing as 1st 11 anymore
Exactly .
During this winning streak he’s probably used 20 players rotating and everybody seems to be happy as they’re all getting minutes.
If everybody is fit and playing regularly , say for a Cup Final I think the team on the right wouldn’t be too far off.
Luckily for Pep, anybody from the team on the left can come in or off the bench if needs be and do a job.
It’s a beautiful headache to have!
E0800B0B-A03B-4C35-A40B-09BBD381F1CB.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.