Our Centre Mids

If De Jong is fit he has to start imo. He would give the attacking aspect of our game much more freedom from his unselfishness to protect the back and his undieing effort tackle and chase the ball.

I've been saying it since the day he came here, but Milner deserves a run in the middle. He hasn't had enough consecutive starts in his favourite position to show us and more importantly Mancini what he can do. Needs a chance so Milner and De Jong for Blackburn I reckon.

I'm not saying drop Barry, prehaps droping Dzeko (after his tantrum) so we can flood Blackburns midfield and let Silva, Nasri and Aguero go to work and give the full backs width.

De Jong came on and made zero tackles, he is not the answer. We need a true ball winning midfielder.

Bayern flooded midfield, and the team wasn't really set up to cope. I imagine Bobby would have picked Nige if he had been fit for 90 minutes, so I suspect he wasn't.

Before Bayern scored the game was much more open and our midfield was able to move forward. After we went behind, I felt the main problem was that Silva and Nasri seemed to be playing a too far up the pitch and leaving the back four with too few options.

bluebobom said:
Bayern flooded midfield, and the team wasn't really set up to cope. I imagine Bobby would have picked Nige if he had been fit for 90 minutes, so I suspect he wasn't.

Before Bayern scored the game was much more open and our midfield was able to move forward. After we went behind, I felt the main problem was that Silva and Nasri seemed to be playing a too far up the pitch and leaving the back four with too few options.

De Jong made no difference at all - fair enough the game was lost and tough to come in to a game like that but they seemed to gain even more control after he came on

i think ndj and milner would be the best two in the centre of the park, never really had chance to see it though

For me Barry is too prone to losing the ball and this happens every game. Yaya loses the ball a lot less.

Barry loses the ball once against Napoli and he's "prone to losing it". If anything Barry's best quality is keeping possession

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
I'm sorry, but we need to drop Yaya and Barry and replace them with Milner and De Jong for the foreseeable.

Yaya has looked positively lethargic for the past 4 or 5 games and Barry, love the guy, but he's too slow.

I'm also worried about Nasri. Great debut but jesus he's gone missing since. £20m+ player he is absolutely not proving to be so far.

Thoughts?

Why not send this to club email FAO Mr Roberto Mancini?

He may not realise this and might look into what you say.

King Geedorah said:
De Jong came on and made zero tackles, he is not the answer. We need a true ball winning midfielder.

Go back to sleep and take johnmc with you :)

johnmc said:
De Jong made no difference at all - fair enough the game was lost and tough to come in to a game like that but they seemed to gain even more control after he came on

You are trying so hard to find non-arguments to down de jong on almost every occasion. Nigel had a four week absence, hence no matchfitness. Did you really expect him to turn the tide? At least there were no more goals conceded.
It's clear that you have something against the lad because footballwise you're not on the same level as most. Eat the following with a spoon and grow a brain:

Barry is the weakest link of the team. He lacks speed, defensive awareness, ferocity, balls, winners mentality and his 'excellent passing' has been greatly exaggerated otherwise he'd be more influential in attack sense. The few games he played well can't compensate for the average games. He is not worldclass, Nigel de Jong is.

Even people like you admit that De Jong is (only) needed against teams like Chelsea, United, Arsenal, etc. But in the proces fail to understand that the so called minnows don't surrender that easily and have sufficient bite to them to cause an upset. Fulham is the latest example. Also the game after Swansea City conceded twice, only winning with one goal more. If you look at it dispassionately, de Jong is the logical choice. So toss your hate away and get a taste of reality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.