Our expectations to Robinho

CITYtilIdie24 said:
Robinho was immense tonight!! he worked his socks off tracking back, so he misplaced a few passes i seem to remember lescott doin it almost on the edge of the box no one is mentioning that!! he was involved in almost everything good we did tonight and i thought he was unfortunate not to get a goal.
johnny crossan said:
For the life of me I don't know what some of you are on about. Robbie was immense tonight, anything that was worthwhile came through or began with him. Absolutely world class, when he went off our attacking play disappeared.

Are you me or am I you?

mcfcliam said:
We shouldn't expect more from Robinho from any other player on the team. Yeah, he is the most gifted player on our team with his skill, pace etc.

We should expect the same from every player as they are all City players playing for the same cause.

:-)

Agreed.

smeeagain said:
robinho was poor tonight ,no ifs or buts
i challenge anybody to watch that game again and not see how he was lightweight
and constantly losing possession , poor passing ,tackling
he needs to show his worth , too many are easily swayed by the fact hes from brazil and playing for us !!

What a tool you are

Robinho played well enough and worked real hard. He did more than enough. Any person can see the importance he brings.

I for one was very impressed with Robinho's work rate last night he even popped at the left back position to win the ball back.

You only have to watch the replays to see everytime he has the ball he has at least two defenders on him and this is going to create loads of space for carlos and manu.

HARD to be optimistic after watching my beloved city for 30 plus years but time we all dropped the negative attitude and enjoy the good times ahead they are coming at last!!!!!

his pass to bridge and his through ball to swp were class. his passing is amazing sometimes

I thought he played very well last night and worked his socks off again. Was funny when he was battling for the ball near Bridge at elft abck and actually won it! There were times when he was finding space and we should have been giving him the ball but weren't. We didn't get him on the ball far forward enough IMO. There was one time when he had it in the area and that's where we need to have him on the ball more often, you know we're in with a good chance of scoring when Robbie's got the ball in or around the box, particularly when the opposition aren't crowding us out there

And let's not forget the ridiculous offside that was givin against him

YankeeBlue said:
Godfather said:
I dont understand why people think Robinho is immune from critcism. He did NOT play well tonight, gave the ball away far too many times, passing was poor and just looks so weak at times. He is a good player at times but i was glad to see Bellamy come on tonight.

How about this for a suggestion..give him your support...Would you rather be watching Lee Bradbury!!!

Can't believe the number of times I have seen him turn up at left back in the last few games. Proves that he is working hard for the team. Wouldn't have seen him do that last year.

He created the goal on Saturday with his run down the left and I think he also initiated Ade's goal at Blackburn with a pass out of defence.

Just watch MOTD highlights from Saturday to see how many of our attacks were as a direct result of his play.

I just hope that he is not going to turn into the new boo boy now that Dunne is leaving. That would be soooooo out of order!

Maybe he doesn't stick out as much because he has now got class players around him. At times last year him and Superman were our ony outlets for creativity - we have so many different options now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.