Our expectations to Robinho

Had Robinho have scuffed a shot in tonight and scored we'd all be wanking over him.

I know Kinky had plenty of off days as did Uwe, Goat and other recent 'legends', I'm also quite sure the likes of Bell, Lee, Summerbee, Law and the rest were prone to not turning up on occasion.

He is only human after all.

smeeagain said:
smeeagain wrote:
robinho was poor tonight ,no ifs or buts
i challenge anybody to watch that game again and not see how he was lightweight
and constantly losing possession , poor passing ,tackling
he needs to show his worth , too many are easily swayed by the fact hes from brazil and playing for us !!

Think it's time to go watch cricket or something, you're talking shit

watch the game again mate , with an eye on your hero ,you,ll eat your words trust me
why would anybody criticise him unless hes not doin the biz ?? answer me that ?

Because you do not know football

He is the free role of the team and appeared on the left and the right he draws others in to tackles and releases others
Just because he does not "tackle" means fuck all

I've criticised him a lot but I've also praised him a lot when he does well. Tonight I don't think he was class like some are saying but he wern't the worst either and he did actually work hard and track back for once so fair play to him for that, and I know players can't be brilliant every game but for me he has more bad games than he has good and I do expect more from him. It does worry me that he isn't shining against the likes of Wolves and Palace but obviously he's class on his day and it frustrates the shit out of me that his day isn't more often.

I think a big reason why people might criticise him as well is because he keeps talking the talk and not walking the walk, like last year he said "I want to score 30+ goals this season" and only got half. He also said "I want to be the best player in the world" and obviously he's nowhere near that atm. Now don't get me wrong, it's good to have a player that confident but then again Dean Windass could say that shit, but it doesn't mean its true unless you prove it.

I love the guy off the pitch as well, with his bus rides, eating tea at Elano's, beach in his back garden and watching Corrie, he sounds like a proper down to earth character and all roudn good guy. I just wish we got a bit more of his genius out of him on the pitch but I'm probably being over critical. He did ok today anyway so lets see him run the show on Sunday and I'll be a happy man.

Err Robbie scored a cracking goal tonight that unfortunately was disallowed as the linesman and referee need to go to Specsavers..............

Robinho is constantly followed by 2 defenders or so, this creates space for Ade, SWP, Tevez, Ireland etc.

Robinho is an asset, he's a winner, the players love him, the majority of the fans adore him, he looks happy here.

Fuck me, I'm actually happy about City for the 1st time in my life.

ROBINHO!

For the life of me I don't know what some of you are on about. Robbie was immense tonight, anything that was worthwhile came through or began with him. Absolutely world class, when he went off our attacking play disappeared.

smeeagain said:
smeeagain wrote:
robinho was poor tonight ,no ifs or buts
i challenge anybody to watch that game again and not see how he was lightweight
and constantly losing possession , poor passing ,tackling
he needs to show his worth , too many are easily swayed by the fact hes from brazil and playing for us !!

Think it's time to go watch cricket or something, you're talking shit

watch the game again mate , with an eye on your hero ,you,ll eat your words trust me
why would anybody criticise him unless hes not doin the biz ?? answer me that ?

Because we have fans that don't know how to handle having a top class team. Possession will be lost, mistakes will be made. Every player on the pitch made mistakes tonight. It will happen every game. It's what you do despite giving the ball away that will make the difference, and Robinho has showed that he's a playmaker. He draws defenders, he sets up goals, and he's back there assisting the defense. Barry gave the ball away as much as Robi as and he isn't being touched! Our expectation is perfect football, and it's completely unrealistic.

if you take the easy option and lay off to a team-mate then you rarely make a bad pass.If you try to create something out of nothing then there is a risk of failure. i know which i prefer but obviously it's lost on some.If you judge him on his work-rate it is'nt just tracking back to keep an eye on,there is a lot more to it than that.He drags markers all over the place which is just as useful to the team when we get the ball. for me he is the icing on the cake,for others he is just a fancy-dan.Bring on the entertainers, i've seen enough donkeys in a blue shirt to last a life time

Because you do not know football

He is the free role of the team and appeared on the left and the right he draws others in to tackles and releases others
Just because he does not "tackle" means fuck all

oh sorry !!!
pardon me ,lets all bow to the only person here who knows football !!!!!
watch the game again , watch your hero , you,ll see he was shite tonight

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.