Our glaring weakness at LB, will it be fixed?

Post makes no sense

Pogba is box to box. KDB is wide and attacking mid. Isco is quite slow but a technical attacking mid with a Wilshere running style. Which one is our top priority?

We dont need Pogba half as much as we need a DM or LB. Silva defenda well from the front but our left channel and middle is where we come undone on counters.

Reasons for signing Pogba are entirely separate - since he's basically being signed on as a long-term Yaya replacement.

However we do need to upgrade the two positions independent of our other signings. It would be interesting to see what the club does and I don't think they'll let defense go completely untouched this window. We will also need a young RB backup for Zaba eventually.

Both Clichy and Kolarov are excellent fullbacks, at their best. Trouble is, both are too inconsistent and
when they are bad, they ARE bad. No inbetween. I do agree with the poster, who said less rotation in
this position would help.

Of course I am talking about our left hand side. A new LB is a must but Kolarov has just stated that hes not moving this summer and Clichy is likely to stay due to HG status as well as good form last season.

I had always hoped for Rodriguez but Sandro and Baba linked, im just hoping we get one of them. I think RB isn't an issue this summer unless Sagna wants to leave.

I think last season right back was an issue in more goals than left back and Vinnies form was our biggest issue. I think centre mid was at fault for many of those goals and also a bigger issue than LB. I think the left back problem is over exaggerated and when fit kolarov is vastly underrated and he is involved in far more positive attacks than defensive mistakes.

So whilst I think no WC, rest and fitness will fix VK and PZ and I hope we get Pogba and a.n other to fix CM I wouldn't massively priotitise LB unless a true world star becomes available. Especially with the kids coming through

I have no doubt why Wenger offloaded Clichy & Sagna without a fuss, because there was no intelligent in their plays whatsoever really.

Could be that between Kolarov staying and if Angelino keeps playing the way he did last week, the problem will fix itself. Assuming Angelino can learn how to defend at PL level.

It's hardly a glaring weakness. Sure there are a handful of better left backs out there but as long as we're strengthening the midfield and the centre halves remain fairly constant (as in Kompany stays fit alongside one of MD, Mangala or Denayer) then I think we can go into the season without too much concern.

Clichy isn't just here because he is 'homegrown'.

He is a regular because since 2011, he has been fantastic.

Mancini never sought to replace him and neither has Manuel, which says it all really.

I'm a big Clichy fan, so I'll defend him and say I don't think there have been many, if at all, better than him in the Premier League for some time.

There certainly aint anyone currently who I would say would come in from the Premier League and replace him.

Kolarov is distinctly average doing his primary role and I never feel confident when he plays.

I agree Clichy and Zabba should stay.

Sagna and Kolorov should be replaced of we can get better in.

Both are one dimensional and a liability more often than not.

Is miss Kolorov though obviously - great guy!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.