Our glaring weakness at LB, will it be fixed?

Like both. I also understand Pellegrini's stance. Personally I'd play Clichy in games when defensively we require his discipline and Kolarov when attacking is required. I also realise that players are struggling to get to grips with this.

Personally I think we'll be more solid is we play a out and out left sided attacker. We have or had a huge hole all the way down the left hand side. Any full back would struggle.

A change of shape may be different this year, hopefully.

In Europe, neither player is quite at the level required to play a major role in a possession game. Kolarov is too slow and heavy of touch and Clichy just isn't the kind of player to get forward to create passing options (and other teams are pretty happy to leave him in space and cross). So while I like each player, I do think they are a weakness for serious CL play. At the highest level, every player on the pitch needs to be able to play with the ball at their feet and each of these players has some weakness related to that. Our midfielders and attackers end up outnumbered at least partially as a result of this.

Kolarov is awesome, what's wrong with you people!

x 10 !!! - most people talk sense on here. The fact that I have watched us play gives me something like 47 years of City and Kolorov proves himself over and over again !

Oh, whilst I'm still on; Clichy isn't to shabby either.

x 10 !!! - most people talk sense on here. The fact that I have watched us play gives me something like 47 years of City and Kolorov proves himself over and over again !

Oh, whilst I'm still on; Clichy isn't to shabby either.

Could you imagine if Kolarov wasn't a City player and we were watching YouTube videos of him.

I actually think it's disrespectful the lack of respect Kolarov gets.
For me he is one of the best left backs in the world.
I can count in one hand better left backs, not a single left back in the Premier league that I would prefer.
Between City and Chelsea we probably have 3 or 4 of the top 5 left backs.

I know Rodriguez is highly rated but not see enough of him to judge. I would be glad to hear what his strengths are.
Alaba is the best left back on the planet for me but we have 0 chance of making that signing.

people would debate about Alba and Marcelo who are great going forward but not perfect defensively and neither are obtainable.

We have Angelino coming through and God know what his ceiling will be but quite simply it's not an area we need to address right now.

We are much weaker at right back!

Kolarov isn't good enough.

He's on a very highly paid wage for a squad player, and he's at that age now where he needs moving on.

He's never been the best athlete, nor defender, for a fullback. And that's only going to get worse with age.

I really hope the news that City Watch tweeted about him wishing to stay wasn't true, we need to shift him out IMO.

Clichy's homegrown and a decent backup.

We should be all in for that Baba Rahman lad, a proper left back, great athlete, real quality and lots of potential. Really hope we get that done. I don't like that it's gone quiet there.

LB are the least concern need to improve. Signing Pogba, KDB or Isco should be our top priority.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.