Our glaring weakness at LB, will it be fixed?

Rodriguez, to sum him up id say hes a duracell bunny with the pace and stamima he has, very good delivery and provides many assists or key passes and good at skinning opposition wingers and wingbacks. Not the best defensively but among the best offensively easily. Plays for Wolfsburg hence why i have watched him.

If i could choose any LB in the world id have Gaya but very unlikely he will be aold bh Valencia. Very young and imo will be best in the world in next two years. I assume he will move to Real and replace Coentrao for silly money but i hope he stays in Valencia of he stays in La Liga.

There really is a dearth of talent in wingback positons and fullbacks are old hat. The present trend and future demands are wingbacks bombing up the wings overlapping as we all know.

Our lads at fullback are all quite old too. Would be ideal to freshen up with youth as well as having Clichy and Zaba to rely on whilst we bed the newcomers in.

LB are the least concern need to improve. Signing Pogba, KDB or Isco should be our top priority.
Post makes no sense

Pogba is box to box. KDB is wide and attacking mid. Isco is quite slow but a technical attacking mid with a Wilshere running style. Which one is our top priority?

We dont need Pogba half as much as we need a DM or LB. Silva defenda well from the front but our left channel and middle is where we come undone on counters.

I'm with the OP, neither are anywhere near good enough for where we need to be. Wouldn't say its the highest priority but I'd be disappointed if we didn't have the position improved upon by end of Aug.

Post makes no sense

Pogba is box to box. KDB is wide and attacking mid. Isco is quite slow but a technical attacking mid with a Wilshere running style. Which one is our top priority?

We dont need Pogba half as much as we need a DM or LB. Silva defenda well from the front but our left channel and middle is where we come undone on counters.

Don't agree with that. For me, now our priorities should be thus:

- Pogba
- Baba Rahman
- De Bruyne

We need De Bruynes pace and directness far more than Pogba right now. People forget how good Fernandinho is on the ball and that he is a box to box himseld. Just that he covers for Yaya because hes that damn good. Yaya and Fernandinho alongside Silva is mustard with a great holding player. Yaya in no10 role with Fernandinho and an holdjng player is strong too. Pogba is, thats not upbfor debate, but people forget it was Vidal who did much of the work when he shone. Pirlo controlling tempo of the game helped.

Im all about balance, we need a LB, its paramount imo

Could you imagine if Kolarov wasn't a City player and we were watching YouTube videos of him.

I actually think it's disrespectful the lack of respect Kolarov gets.
For me he is one of the best left backs in the world.
I can count in one hand better left backs, not a single left back in the Premier league that I would prefer.
Between City and Chelsea we probably have 3 or 4 of the top 5 left backs.

I know Rodriguez is highly rated but not see enough of him to judge. I would be glad to hear what his strengths are.
Alaba is the best left back on the planet for me but we have 0 chance of making that signing.

people would debate about Alba and Marcelo who are great going forward but not perfect defensively and neither are obtainable.

We have Angelino coming through and God know what his ceiling will be but quite simply it's not an area we need to address right now.

We are much weaker at right back!
Agree with nearly every word of this. I reckon Kolarov would be in the top 10 left backs in the world.

Seems important to team chemistry too.

We need De Bruynes pace and directness far more than Pogba right now. People forget how good Fernandinho is on the ball and that he is a box to box himseld. Just that he covers for Yaya because hes that damn good. Yaya and Fernandinho alongside Silva is mustard with a great holding player. Yaya in no10 role with Fernandinho and an holdjng player is strong too. Pogba is, thats not upbfor debate, but people forget it was Vidal who did much of the work when he shone. Pirlo controlling tempo of the game helped.

Im all about balance, we need a LB, its paramount imo
Sums up how I feel about Pogba.

With Marchisio and Vidal he's probably got the hardest working partners in all of football.

This area was a major weakness last year .
We need a quality left back .
Chopping and changing Clichy and Kolarov every other game doesn't help either .
Clichy started the season off quite well .
Clichy highlight last season was crossing a great ball to Aguero to score in the derby .
Kolarov ended the season quite well with a run of games .
It's also been a major weakness in City history a very good left back .

Surely someone like rose or Bertrand could be good. Both young and had solid seasons in the prem making them familiar with the pace of the game week in week out.

This is the guy we should have got. Going to Villa...

Aston Villa are getting closer to the £9million signing of French left-back Jordan Amavi.

Tim Sherwood has had a bid accepted by Nice for the 21-year-old and it is understood personal terms will not present an issue.

Amavi, a target for Arsenal previously, is believed to have needed convincing by Villa but the club are growing confident a transfer can be completed.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...t-9million-offer-left-back.html#ixzz3fuQrlkGA
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.