Our glaring weakness at LB, will it be fixed?

Clichy is homegrown, experienced and pretty reliable, but not top class.

Kolarov can be good going forward with a great cross, but his defending is very unreliable and in big games can be a liability.

We need to replace Kolarov with a top LB this summer, it'll make a real difference in the Champion's League.

They're both alright. But at times that is just not good enough, even though I quite like both of them.

Clichy's defending is overrated. Kolarov's passing and crossing is overrated. Both are pretty average defenders and both are just about decent enough going forward, Clichy keeps the ball better and Kolarov scores goals.

This is our weakest area of the team but for 95% of the season we'd get away with it. The best sides should exploit them though, although sometimes players can be carried if a top side doesn't exploit that weakness (look at Evra getting to the final playing LB with Juve).

They're both alright. But at times that is just not good enough, even though I quite like both of them.

Clichy's defending is overrated. Kolarov's passing and crossing is overrated. Both are pretty average defenders and both are just about decent enough going forward, Clichy keeps the ball better and Kolarov scores goals.

This is our weakest area of the team but for 95% of the season we'd get away with it. The best sides should exploit them though, although sometimes players can be carried if a top side doesn't exploit that weakness (look at Evra getting to the final playing LB with Juve).
Watching Kolarov Tuesday and again today you get the impression he has lost interest. I wonder if it is because his mate Dzeko maybe leaving ?

Kolarov very temperamental player .
On his day he can be very good .
I do wonder how bothered he will be if Dzeko goes .

I agree that they are both ''alright''( Clichy and Kolarov)......unfortunately, if we are to succeed at the highest level, this is just not good enough. We definitely have to try and bring in a top left back for this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.