Our PR department and the media

The Abu Dhabi way is generations ahead of most other countries on the planet.

HH The Sheikh is a brilliant visionary & has access to the smartest thinkers & planners worldwide & quietly relishes dismantling the antiquated thinking of the west and nincompoops like Custis,BBC & many others.

He sees the future with complete clarity....because he and his team are creating it !! He may get mad but he focus's on getting AHEAD !!

The Crown Princes are being educated & tutored in a planned succession. Nothing is left to chance or fate.

Our medium term future is centred round youth,on and off the pitch,new technology,energy,new markets & increased,recurring revenues all driven by performances & success on the pitch.

Have faith,we're in the very best hands.

I get all that i do but it is like someone flirting with your wife, you tolerate it in polite company for a while but eventually you have to say enough and call him out. It is not like normal business operations in this respect. Remember the love for the club by the fans was here long before money came in so that is not going to be tempered by some business arrangement. It is close to asking people to ignore their emotions which simply won't happen irrespective of any business plan or model.

To me right now the media are trying to get a sly feel of my missus arse and that is only going to get one response from me and it is not a strongly worded letter!

The bottom line to me is our pr is not up to the job, we do need to revise it. We could do worse than banning people like Paul Smith from property we own, that alone would instantly have every fan nodding so much it would break their neck.

If people asked why i would show them his performance on sunday morning supplement and say, we don't ban journalists but we will ban those masquerading as such, did that look like a reporter to you or a drunk emotional fan on a radio talk show after his team had just lost? A smart person would concede we may have a point and not argue the toss. Ban MEN reporters unless the sports editor gets in his car drives to us and unreservedly apologizes over redring gate. If not then they really would be the MUEN as i'd never chuck em a bone again. It was beyond shit that and they even tried to defend it. If a seething Gary Cook type screamed up to their doors i bet you right fucking now the apology would have been a hell of a lot more forth coming...and yes that did merit such a reaction, damn right it did.

tl;dr all the pr talk means nothing to me, what does is us taking it up the shitter to often with no lube and it's not good enough. Vicky Kloss is the head of that department so gets the flak, if above her direct that way then ok, it is not good enough from them either.

I get all that i do but it is like someone flirting with your wife, you tolerate it in polite company for a while but eventually you have to say enough and call him out. It is not like normal business operations in this respect. Remember the love for the club by the fans was here long before money came in so that is not going to be tempered by some business arrangement. It is close to asking people to ignore their emotions which simply won't happen irrespective of any business plan or model.

To me right now the media are trying to get a sly feel of my missus arse and that is only going to get one response from me and it is not a strongly worded letter!

The bottom line to me is our pr is not up to the job, we do need to revise it. We could do worse than banning people like Paul Smith from property we own, that alone would instantly have every fan nodding so much it would break their neck.

If people asked why i would show them his performance on sunday morning supplement and say, we don't ban journalists but we will ban those masquerading as such, did that look like a reporter to you or a drunk emotional fan on a radio talk show after his team had just lost? A smart person would concede we may have a point and not argue the toss. Ban MEN reporters unless the sports editor gets in his car drives to us and unreservedly apologizes over redring gate. If not then they really would be the MUEN as i'd never chuck em a bone again. It was beyond shit that and they even tried to defend it. If a seething Gary Cook type screamed up to their doors i bet you right fucking now the apology would have been a hell of a lot more forth coming...and yes that did merit such a reaction, damn right it did.

tl;dr all the pr talk means nothing to me, what does is us taking it up the shitter to often with no lube and it's not good enough. Vicky Kloss is the head of that department so gets the flak, if above her direct that way then ok, it is not good enough from them either.

Good post mate, and it raises a point I had not considered.

EVEN IF our current strategy is working in the minds of those at the top, and for all I know we are well on track with our broader objectives... EVEN IF that is true, what it completely ignores is how much the shite we have to read in the media, hear and see on the TV, radio etc, week in, week out, really pisses off us fans. Surely owning and running a football club should just solely be about winning things and establishing your global brand and making money and all the other things we can imagine ADUG are in it for. Shouldn't it also be about bringing pleasure to the fans of the club? And when what's happening is pissing them right off, isn't that in itself a good enough yardstick to conclude, it's not working? Our owners may be quite happy to hear us slandered and libelled every week, but most of us fans are not.

Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer.
He that laughs las.........

I doubt if they know or care what is being said on talkshite or written in the ---.

Shouting about the dodgy decisions would only bring derision from those same outlets.

Sleep+at+office.jpg

Great Scott... So many of you seem to know the sheiks mindset as if you've had a personal briefing.

Wow bloody impressive and I'm so humbled you know the 'Arab' way so well.

I've heard it all now... Stop talking a load of assumptive tripe. This is a business and should be treated like one.

To focus our attentions on the children's market is quite funny (the long term plan) haha... does not attend to the current fan set (us).

As a season ticket holder and over 15 yrs old, I expect to read /see football media online today, tomorrow and for the foreseeable future, and expect the PR department to work today!

To focus on the pre-pubescent fans sounds like the PR department has little regard for today's fan.

I'm no expert but focussing on kids surely is part of long term marketing strategy rather than a present day public / press relationship strategy...

Good post mate, and it raises a point I had not considered.

EVEN IF our current strategy is working in the minds of those at the top, and for all I know we are well on track with our broader objectives... EVEN IF that is true, what it completely ignores is how much the shite we have to read in the media, hear and see on the TV, radio etc, week in, week out, really pisses off us fans. Surely owning and running a football club should just solely be about winning things and establishing your global brand and making money and all the other things we can imagine ADUG are in it for. Shouldn't it also be about bringing pleasure to the fans of the club? And when what's happening is pissing them right off, isn't that in itself a good enough yardstick to conclude, it's not working? Our owners may be quite happy to hear us slandered and libelled every week, but most of us fans are not.

That is the crux of it for me boss. To many of our current fans are feeling this. I do like the ideals we have but the big difference is that of a fan base. In business you may get a few disgruntled shareholders and some poor sods may lose their job, their dynamic of being pissed off is rather different from our reasons. Not that theirs is any less valid but it is accepted in business you can lose your job no matter who you are. Matters of the heart are very very different as everyone who has lived a bit knows. Asking people to see the corporate pov is simply ignorant to the nature of man.

I am not demanding heads roll, i mean move Vicky to another role even, she really does seem a proper good lass as a person. There is surely a position for her elsewhere in the club, i mean she is an attractive girl and seems sharp, i know American suits would be nodding at her every word should she be NYCFC's pr liaison officer or similar. We just need to defend ourselves a bit better with a firmer pr chief imo. These reporters are the school yard gang and i only ever saw the no messing slap you round your cheeky head types rule them...that included me hehe.

True story that, i was a rogue and one day a teacher dragged me to the side and said 'i am taking no more of your shit sunshine'...guess what, it was like a bolt of lightning. I more than respected him, i liked him after that and he made me grow up ten fold in 5 seconds. Even out of school if i saw him it was 'Hi Mr Moorwood' and it was genuine, he would stop and chat to me like a bloke and i loved that, in fact i hope he is doing well in life, i owe him rather a lot.

The Abu Dhabi way is generations ahead of most other countries on the planet.

HH The Sheikh is a brilliant visionary & has access to the smartest thinkers & planners worldwide & quietly relishes dismantling the antiquated thinking of the west and nincompoops like Custis,BBC & many others.

He sees the future with complete clarity....because he and his team are creating it !! He may get mad but he focus's on getting AHEAD !!

The Crown Princes are being educated & tutored in a planned succession. Nothing is left to chance or fate.

Our medium term future is centred round youth,on and off the pitch,new technology,energy,new markets & increased,recurring revenues all driven by performances & success on the pitch.

Have faith,we're in the very best hands.

Absolutely. You can see how City management, staff and players have bought into the project by their commitment to buy into the future vision. The old spine of Kompany, Zabba, Silva, Aguero, Yaya have been at the club too long to be called mercenaries.

Manchester City support is growing fast in the Middle East, North and South America, Africa and China. These are emerging major markets worth billions where we are competing to be the leading club ahead of the likes of RM, BM, Barca and other English clubs. Potentially they dwarf everything to date so must take priority.

Addressing local media bias is a distraction that could be counter-productive. The City strategy appears to be about turning the tide rather than stemming the flow. They are looking at winning a global PR war rather than battles against local parochial bias.

It may appear to us as local, long standing supporters that City are not doing enough to redress the balance but we need to look at the big picture. There will be manoeuvrings behind the scenes in which the media plays a part both ways. We are too close as supporters. Our owner wants City to dominate world football so is looking long term.

I have no doubt any short term irritations will be addressed.

As I said previously, papers get more clicks with positive rag/negative City stories, Sky get half a million more viewers for Rags games than City games. Thus their money is in negative stories about us. If we don't react, they keep writing. If we do react, then they can write even more negative stories about the reaction, and then we're dealing with double the issues.

The only way to win is either let that form of media slowly die, or wait for them to go so far as to become incriminated, or to find the audience that will give us the clicks/viewership needed to take the dependency on the rags away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.