Our PR department and the media

That surprised me PB. I had assumed reading this thread that VK was the accountable executive and was responsible for the club face off to the media. If that isn't the case, who is responsible for it?
Simon Heggie is the person who is responsible for City-specific media activity and he's more active than some think. Whether we like it or not we (a) can't force anyone not to write crap about us that isn't defamatory and (b) are playing the long game, as frustrating as that may be.

Simon Heggie is the person who is responsible for City-specific media activity and he's more active than some think. Whether we like it or not we (a) can't force anyone not to write crap about us that isn't defamatory and (b) are playing the long game, as frustrating as that may be.
Thanks PB.

A. There are ways of managing it so that it isn't the utter piss take it currently is.
B. The old long game fallback ie. Wait for them to stop.

It is just damned annoying, you and Gary are right though, bloody infuriating sometimes that's all.

Flattery will get you nowhere despite the fact you are correct in thinking I am intelligent and perceptive. I just want a straight answer to a straight question, I don't think that is too much of an ask is it? And to be honest I know nothing about AD - why would I? I have no idea how they conduct business, who they know and don't know and whether they act on hunches or not. So tell me without giving me a politician's answer whether or not they were involved in the AAG investigation and if what capacity. If you don't know then say so, if you know something as a fact then say so but don't keep coming on here with your riddles.

My living in the UAE doesn't provide me with any advantage (other than the winter climate)PB,but your admission that you "KNOW NOTHING ABOUT AD & HAVE NO IDEA HOW THEY CONDUCT BUSINESS" definitely places you at a disadvantage.

Additionally,I'm most certainly not a politician,I loathe them & their trade,and,like you,I only know what I know.

Let's all wait and see how events develop 'eh,that OK with you ?

Well if the "long game" involves our club consistently being derided by every media outlet then it is an unusual way of building the "brand" , the Sheik has invested a billion or more , and all he receives form his investment is constant negativity .Enough is enough its about time we employed people with bollocks to stand up to the vermin journalists, pundits etc.

My living in the UAE doesn't provide me with any advantage (other than the winter climate)PB,but your admission that you "KNOW NOTHING ABOUT AD & HAVE NO IDEA HOW THEY CONDUCT BUSINESS" definitely places you at a disadvantage.

Additionally,I'm most certainly not a politician,I loathe them & their trade,and,like you,I only know what I know.

Let's all wait and see how events develop 'eh,that OK with you ?
And yet again you fail to give a straight answer. Well here's one for you - we are going to make some signings this summer - watch this space and see how events develop.

I see from his LinkedIn profile he has been with us 7 years. Prior to that short spells at Reading and Milton Keynes Dons. You seem well informed about the inner workings of the club PB, who ultimately would set the media strategy that this guy executes. Would that be Vicky, or higher?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.