Our PR department and the media

There is nothing a PR department can do when football fans sing 20,000 empty seats and the Emptihad is posted on social media but when professional pundits and media outlets repeat it they need to be reminded its fake news.

Unless my memory is failing (highly likely) I'm sure that I heard Henry Winter on a City podcast a few months ago saying that whenever a negative story about City is written a phone call is quickly made from our PR team to let the journalist or sports editor know, in no uncertain terms, that they are not impressed.
It seems to me that they are on the case but unwilling/unable to take harsh measures against the paper involved.
Is it because of an edict from upstairs at City not to get involved in public spats with the press or is it just a matter of the negative story not actually breaking any laws?

My own view is that the Press/PR Department are not as passive as we may think but they need to explain their strategy to us the fans as we largely think them ineffective.

That sounds about right to me. Is this the effect of a lack of face-to-face contact or similar?

The trouble is that it is very difficult to fight lies and bias, when commercial needs will cause them to just exaggerate and spin things even more. It's difficult to influence without a position of strength to do so from. City don't really offer anything the media can't get bigger from other clubs.

At the moment.

That sounds about right to me. Is this the effect of a lack of face-to-face contact or similar?

The trouble is that it is very difficult to fight lies and bias, when commercial needs will cause them to just exaggerate and spin things even more. It's difficult to influence without a position of strength to do so from. City don't really offer anything the media can't get bigger from other clubs.

At the moment.

Well if we have nowt the media want then Fcuck them off.

I just want shaky covert footage of Gary Cook dragging the fatter Custis out by his gimp neck chain and booting him up the arse as he threatens him in a very non holistic manor. The video would end with a bloody nosed Custis mumbling something to the person recording it to 'please excuse me' as he hurries past.

Is this to much to ask?

Even with the most positive media, other fans fucking hate you when you are successful. No one likes the Rags other than their fans and they have had the best media for years. Jealousy is a powerful emotion.

Morrissey was right.

"We hate it when our friends become successful, and if they're Northern that makes it even worse"

I prefer successful city, with media and fans hating us to what we had before.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.