Our PR department and the media

"Relatively minor in the pecking order in Abu Dhabi "

HH Sheikh Mansour is a member of the founding & ruling family of Abu Dhabi. He is Deputy Prime Minister. He is also Head of Presidential Affairs and a senior member of Government. To attempt to suggest anything else is frankly astonishing.

Khaldoon & Simon Pearce ARE actively involved in the high strategy of the project but The Sheikh is actively involved in shaping the vision & the future.
He is also a fan & feels much of what a fan feels.

Abu Dhabi tries not to court adverse publicity,it prefers actions to words and will not enter the debate on UK media. The image of the country & the Emirates is paramount,but never underestimate the role Abu Dhabi played with Platini & Blatter and how they did it......the Attorney General of USA.

No one be in any doubt......it's hard to think of better owners. Malc & Joel anyone ??
Can you expand on your point I have highlighted...thanks

Enjoy the fact there's no PR team making up dull corporate stories - the press is an irritant at the best of times so just ignore it and focus on what you see on the pitch.

HH Sheikh Mansour is a member of the founding & ruling family of Abu Dhabi. He is Deputy Prime Minister. He is also Head of Presidential Affairs and a senior member of Government. To attempt to suggest anything else is frankly astonishing.

Khaldoon & Simon Pearce ARE actively involved in the high strategy of the project but The Sheikh is actively involved in shaping the vision & the future.

Abu Dhabi tries not to court adverse publicity,it prefers actions to words and will not enter the debate on UK media. The image of the country & the Emirates is paramount,but never underestimate the role Abu Dhabi played with Platini & Blatter and how they did it......the Attorney General of USA.

No one be in any doubt......it's hard to think of better owners. Malc & Joel anyone ??

Absolutely spot on.....

Can you expand on your point I have highlighted...thanks

The investigation and eventual sacking of these two con men was started in earnest by the American Attorney General.

Abu Dhabi's reach and influence is beyond most people's imagination. Sheikh Mansour doesn't deal with the likes of Gill,Scuddamore etc. He deals with Royal Families,Heads of State,Presidents,Governments.

The clock ticks for those who disrespect him,his family,country & interests. Be afraid Mr Gill,be very afraid, events don't happen by accident !!

The investigation and eventual sacking of these two con men was started in earnest by the American Attorney General.

Abu Dhabi's reach and influence is beyond most people's imagination. Sheikh Mansour doesn't deal with the likes of Gill,Scuddamore etc. He deals with Royal Families,Heads of State,Presidents,Governments.

The clock ticks for those who disrespect him,his family,country & interests. Be afraid Mr Gill,be very afraid, events don't happen by accident !!
So are you saying with 100% certainty that the reason the American Attorney General started investigating was because AD had built up a dossier and they tipped off the AAG?

I used the word "relatively". He's not on the Executive Council whereas Khaldoon and one of the other City non-execs are. So despite being a member of the Al-Nahyan family he's outranked by them. The Al Maktoum family always hold the PM position in the UAE and the deputies (there are currently two) are usually Al Nahyans. Yes he's important but not as important as some others involved in the club. My understanding is that every major decision has to go through Sheikh Mohammed.

But you are certainly right on one thing. Cross City and you cross Abu Dhabi and they have a long reach indeed. As Mr Gill and others will find out before too long.

Spot on, particularly...."Abu Dhabi tries not to court adverse publicity,it prefers actions to words and will not enter the debate on UK media."

Blues should take this on board because it is the reason there'll be no fights with the BBC, BT or Talksport. Despite the UAE's immense wealth there is a feeling among the ruling families that they punch below their weight, particularly in what is called soft power and they are right. Man City is a small part, though a significant one, in projecting a more positive world view of the UAE in particular and the Arab world in general.

This is a long term project for the UAE, dynamic yes, but with a small c conservative approach.

So anyone expecting the boiled bollock to be hung by his knackers from an Abu Dhabi skyscraper, should he be daft enough to visit, are going to be disappointed.

I used the word "relatively". He's not on the Executive Council whereas Khaldoon and one of the other City non-execs are. So despite being a member of the Al-Nahyan family he's outranked by them. The Al Maktoum family always hold the PM position in the UAE and the deputies (there are currently two) are usually Al Nahyans. Yes he's important but not as important as some others involved in the club. My understanding is that every major decision has to go through Sheikh Mohammed.

But you are certainly right on one thing. Cross City and you cross Abu Dhabi and they have a long reach indeed. As Mr Gill and others will find out before too long.

It's been too long already

I await news of his beheading .

When the history of this period is written, it wouldn't surprise me if it reveals that Abu Dhabi fought off a great deal of shit that was heading City's way from the football establishment.

What we see is the trivia.

I expect when the dust settles the FFP hit we took, which at the time blues felt was outrageous, was probably a tiny fraction of the sanctions the football establishment would have loved to impose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.