Our season could be over in a fortnight

jayblue said:
Ducado said:
ElMatador said:
If we lose to chelsea and Barcelona we have fucked it. We have been so unlucky with the timing of injuries but our midfield has no depth to it whatsoever.

Is this what passes for debate? What do you want us to say and do? Put our collective arms around you and convince you it will al be OK?

Absolutely pathetic, it's understandable that we as fans are a bit pissed off about the last two games, but there is a difference in the way some of us handle it, I fear that playing at this level is a bit too much for some City fans
Hes only stating a fact on an internet forum. Lets not start any topics and shut the site down or are we to just start topics that you like and happy clap our way to the end of the season.

The thing is, the OP isn't starting any new topic, it's the same thing after every loss and didn't even pose a question. We have been injured all season and we've lost and drawn games this season. The OP could have been posted in countless other threads. He's stating an opinion, not fact. Fact would be if we lose these games, we are out of the FA Cup and go into Barça down however many goals;if we happen to lose, operative word is if because it hasn't happened yet and it just might not.

We are still in the final for one trophy is season and all to play for to win the league,hardly season over. It might actually be a blessing it disguise to be out of those competitions because we can focus all our energy on the league. Say we lose the FA Cup game and Chelsea,Arsenal,Liverpool advance, that's more games for them and opens them up to injury. Chelsea/Arsenal also have more Champions League games to play as well. Frankly I think what's keeping Liverpooo in the race is the lack of competitions elsewhere. All and all winning the league and League Cup will be a very nice return for Pellegrini's first season which is more realistic than winning all four trophies this season. Next year with Pellegrini will be the year to properly assess as he can buy more pieces and add quality depth/ get rid of more of what doesn't fit so we can properly challenge on all fronts.

In a fortnight? Really?

League: We could be 8 points behind with 11 to play which would require us losing at home to Sunderland and Stoke with Chelsea beating WBA away and Everton at home. Get to the bookies now if you think those four will happen.

FA Cup: we could be out

CL: We could lose the first game of two legged tie

LC: We would still have a final to play

Yep, our season can definitely be over in a fortnight.

ElMatador said:
If we lose to Chelsea and Barcelona we have fucked it. We have been so unlucky with the timing of injuries but our midfield has no depth to it whatsoever.

Perhaps, but it wouldn't stop us going on to win the league and Carling Cup and if that were to happen it would end up being a great season in my book. I just feel our primary concern, after last year's disaster, should be winning something to get back into that trophy winning groove and we can kick on again from there.
If we don't win the league it will have been lost in the first 3 months when he spunked points against duffers like Cardiff, Villa and Sunderland plus the terrible gaffe against Chelsea....losing 4 out of the first 11 league games has left bugger all margin of error. Our form since then has been immense, this week aside.

Code:
waspish said:
jayblue said:
Mental_blue said:
This is the guy who compared Negredo to Grant Holt. I think we can close this thread now.
To be fair. The way negrado played yesterday, id take that as a complement

Thought you was outed as supported another team last year?
Wrong. Very wrong. I was A season ticket holder in 83 when we went down. At the charlton game when we came back up. 81 cup final, 99 gillingham and any other iconic city moment youcare to mention. Does that give me permission to have an opinion oh wise one ?

blue underpants said:
ElMatador said:
If we lose to chelsea and Barcelona we have fucked it. We have been so unlucky with the timing of injuries but our midfield has no depth to it whatsoever.
Jesus fuckin wept, grow a pair

That about sums it up, and there are quite a few others on this forum who could also do with adopting the same advice.

We should win our next 3 league games. We will raise our game against Barcelona. We may lose to Chelsea in the cup but I don't give a shit about that.

Away games against everton, Liverpool, united and arsenal suggest we won't win the league, especially looking at the fixtures CFC have.

Barcelona and CFC game coming up have come at the wrong time considering we have our 3 best (arguably) players injured in kun, Nasri and fernadinho.

I really hope I'm wrong but I can't see it.

Only winning the league cup would be a sackable offence. The attacking football I have seen us play this year has been the best I've ever seen but it counts for nothing unless we win the league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.