Our Suarez ...... not the racist one :)

Georgian Maestro said:

Pellegrini bought Isco as a 19 year old lad and made him a key player. He knows a player when he sees one. If he lets Suarez go and doesn't make much of it in the press the us fans know the deal, he's usually vocal when he loses a player.
Good point..I always believed in suarez but I guess if pellegrini decides he's not a first team player then I trust his judgement..but I like to think he can be a star playmaker ..but I'm starting to think that maybe our academy and English football is not a suitable environment for a young inexperienced Spanish playmaker..to get experience in Spain first like Cazorla silva is one thing but they earned there reputations first..but I have to think Madrid and barca have gone after him for a reason..I hope[/quote]

Fabregas?[/quote]
Yea but that's one of the few guys you can think of and that shows a lot about how rare it is for a Spanish playmaker to meet there potential in English football academies..English football lacks true class in playing styles after the top 6 clubs ..it's just run and gun a Spanish midfielder needs to be surrounded by players with real touch a real passing game learning how to control tempo your not going to get that in a British academy ..fabregas is one of the few and that's why he is a world class talent..there's not too many after him which is why I think suarez would be better off continuing his development at Barcelona b or even at a club like Valencia or Sevilla

eddiemarin09 said:
Georgian Maestro said:

Pellegrini bought Isco as a 19 year old lad and made him a key player. He knows a player when he sees one. If he lets Suarez go and doesn't make much of it in the press the us fans know the deal, he's usually vocal when he loses a player.
Good point..I always believed in suarez but I guess if pellegrini decides he's not a first team player then I trust his judgement..but I like to think he can be a star playmaker ..but I'm starting to think that maybe our academy and English football is not a suitable environment for a young inexperienced Spanish playmaker..to get experience in Spain first like Cazorla silva is one thing but they earned there reputations first..but I have to think Madrid and barca have gone after him for a reason..I hope

Fabregas?[/quote]
Yea but that's one of the few guys you can think of and that shows a lot about how rare it is for a Spanish playmaker to meet there potential in English football academies..English football lacks true class in playing styles after the top 6 clubs ..it's just run and gun a Spanish midfielder needs to be surrounded by players with real touch a real passing game learning how to control tempo your not going to get that in a British academy ..fabregas is one of the few and that's why he is a world class talent..there's not too many after him which is why I think suarez would be better off continuing his development at Barcelona b or even at a club like Valencia or Sevilla[/quote]
Good thing that our club is not just run and gun then ;)
For us they would be surrounded by players with real touch and passing, the problem is making the step up from EDS to first team squad member because of the quality and depth of our squad.

NipHolmes said:

Fair point.
Haven't seen enough of the player to form an opinion myself other than he is talented (so have all the other youthplayers for that matter). We need to Txiki, Pellegrini and Vieira on this one, who work and talk to the player on a near daily basis. The simple fact Barcelona comes for him makes you wonder, but the lad might florish in their set-up rather than ours.

Suarez looks like he's in the first team squad now anyway, what with doing the whole pre-season with the 1st team and having not trained with the EDS at all.

Still think he needs to be loaned out. Celta would be a good club to loan to, more chance of game time at the lower end of La Liga and the extra incentive to play harder as he's from round there.

M24 Citizen said:
Suarez looks like he's in the first team squad now anyway, what with doing the whole pre-season with the 1st team and having not trained with the EDS at all.

Still think he needs to be loaned out. Celta would be a good club to loan to, more chance of game time at the lower end of La Liga and the extra incentive to play harder as he's from round there.

He absolutely needs to be loaned out. I don't understand how all our most promising EDS talent have be loaned out but he hasn't and hasn't really played first team games. He needs to be loaned out with Pozo and lopes.

thenabster said:
M24 Citizen said:

He absolutely needs to be loaned out. I don't understand how all our most promising EDS talent have be loaned out but he hasn't and hasn't really played first team games. He needs to be loaned out with Pozo and lopes.

Maybe Mancini leading him on... "okay okay, not dis game, but maybe dis next game Denis"

If he does move to Barca then it sums up the useless nature of the English reserve set up. The best way for lads like Suarez etc to improve is for us to loan them out to competitive leagues for first team experience and not playing them against other 18yr olds with nothing riding on the games. He should have gone out last year rather than playing in the EDS. I really think a "B" team set up within lower leagues would improve youth players in this country its a shame the FA dont allow it.

mcfcdjr said:
If he does move to Barca then it sums up the useless nature of the English reserve set up. The best way for lads like Suarez etc to improve is for us to loan them out to competitive leagues for first team experience and not playing them against other 18yr olds with nothing riding on the games. He should have gone out last year rather than playing in the EDS. I really think a "B" team set up within lower leagues would improve youth players in this country its a shame the FA dont allow it.

I'm not sure B teams would work here, it's a good idea in principle and works great in Spain but it's not really fair if one club is earning money two times over in the same league system (i.e Promotion bonuses). Not sure if I was a fan of a lower league club I'd be excited about playing say, Chelsea's B team.

The problem with British footy is with have too many boffins deliberating over budgets for grass roots. Spain have implemented a magnificent system from the ground up. We seem to think over here that you can just let kids play and they'll turn into world beaters if they have it (obviously some do) but you raise the potential by implementing systems from an early age.

What are the attendances like for the B teams in Spain?

Do fans go to both or are the B team games mainly followed by fans who can't get / can't afford to see the 1st team?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.