Our Suarez ...... not the racist one :)

M24 Citizen said:
mcfcdjr said:
If he does move to Barca then it sums up the useless nature of the English reserve set up. The best way for lads like Suarez etc to improve is for us to loan them out to competitive leagues for first team experience and not playing them against other 18yr olds with nothing riding on the games. He should have gone out last year rather than playing in the EDS. I really think a "B" team set up within lower leagues would improve youth players in this country its a shame the FA dont allow it.

I'm not sure B teams would work here, it's a good idea in principle and works great in Spain but it's not really fair if one club is earning money two times over in the same league system (i.e Promotion bonuses). Not sure if I was a fan of a lower league club I'd be excited about playing say, Chelsea's B team.

The problem with British footy is with have too many boffins deliberating over budgets for grass roots. Spain have implemented a magnificent system from the ground up. We seem to think over here that you can just let kids play and they'll turn into world beaters if they have it (obviously some do) but you raise the potential by implementing systems from an early age.
Split their prize money between the other teams in the league then.

The point of B teams is pretty much purely to develop players, it doesn't only benefit the club, but the national team as well (2 best European national teams use B teams) and would provide a trickle down of higher quality, proven players to the smaller clubs.

Also over time you'd probably start to see wages reduce overall, fewer foreign players being paid high wages to come in because of more young players breaking through.

thenabster said:
M24 Citizen said:
Suarez looks like he's in the first team squad now anyway, what with doing the whole pre-season with the 1st team and having not trained with the EDS at all.

Still think he needs to be loaned out. Celta would be a good club to loan to, more chance of game time at the lower end of La Liga and the extra incentive to play harder as he's from round there.

He absolutely needs to be loaned out. I don't understand how all our most promising EDS talent have be loaned out but he hasn't and hasn't really played first team games. He needs to be loaned out with Pozo and lopes.

Far too early to be loaning out Pozo and Lopes in my opinion. I think we should keep them just beneath the first team (cup games etc) for another season yet

ell said:
thenabster said:
M24 Citizen said:
Suarez looks like he's in the first team squad now anyway, what with doing the whole pre-season with the 1st team and having not trained with the EDS at all.

Still think he needs to be loaned out. Celta would be a good club to loan to, more chance of game time at the lower end of La Liga and the extra incentive to play harder as he's from round there.

He absolutely needs to be loaned out. I don't understand how all our most promising EDS talent have be loaned out but he hasn't and hasn't really played first team games. He needs to be loaned out with Pozo and lopes.

Far too early to be loaning out Pozo and Lopes in my opinion. I think we should keep them just beneath the first team (cup games etc) for another season yet

Yeah probably. Where are they anyway? Haven't seen them all summer.

ell said:
thenabster said:
M24 Citizen said:

Nah, think a loan spell at a dutch club could do them wonders, both of them but lopes is the furthes in his development tho.

Will be gutted if he leaves, I think this year is the window for him to make a leap. He looked very composed on the ball at a youth international level this summer in his limited appearances. Definitely think there's a role for him here under new management.

Regarding the thread title, can anyone confirm that Denis isn't also a racist?

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
How good is Suarez guys? Anyone think he can reach Silva's level?

He has the technical ability but lacks the consistency and commitment at present,he's still a bit 'lightweight' imo.

He's highly thought of in Spain. He's similar to Silva in some aspects but he isn't at the level that Silva was at when he was 18/19. I'd be surprised if he advanced to the Barca first team. Realistically i think he will go and play for the B team for a season or two before moving on to a lower La Liga team.

spinzer said:
ell said:
thenabster said:

Nah, think a loan spell at a dutch club could do them wonders, both of them but lopes is the furthes in his development tho.

Pozo carrying on his recovery. Lopes with Portugal u20s

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.