Our Suarez ...... not the racist one :)

Would be a silly mistake for him to leave, he's a lot more to lose than what there is to gain by moving. But it is his decision. I've seen him during the U20 tournament and he looked quite average to be honest, but he is young and in an EDS squad for a reason I guess.

He can stay at city, where they are pushing to streamline their best young performers through, directly through the system. A team that without a doubt have a promising upcoming couple of years at the top flight of football. Or he can join what can genuinely be seen as a forever weakening Barcelona team (Too many old players will be leaving the fold sooner rather than later) that will be out of the dominance service for a few years.

Obviously I'm a bit biased but I think my thoughts are on-track.

Also given the whole ISCO debacle, don't read anything into twitter/newspapers, sit on the current facts that can't be ignored. That twitter message is very weak wording 'hoping to sign'... well no shit.

sam-caddick said:
Mayor West said:
Maybe he's just not that good. Mancini, Pellegrini and all the coaching staff see him day in day out and if he had showed any potential at all he would have got a chance. Yes barca want him, so he must have a bit of talent, but they don't always get it right. As it stands right now on current ability and any potential he has, I'm not bothered at all that he is leaving.

That's a theory that should be looked into.

Pellegrini has had all of pre-season to judge him as a player, if he has seen that he is good enough to make the step up he would of told Txiki, so it makes you think if Pellegrini does not rate him that highly enough.

Or, Barca have come in for him after the youth world cup just gone and Suarez feels like he wants to go to one of the big boys in Spain.

If he was that good I would be suprised to see City not put up a decent fight to keep him, so far it looks like they haven't so maybe he is not the player we all think he is??

Time will tell, but I just hope he is not our Pogba equivalent.

Pellegrini bought Isco as a 19 year old lad and made him a key player. He knows a player when he sees one. If he lets Suarez go and doesn't make much of it in the press the us fans know the deal, he's usually vocal when he loses a player.

I dunno I'm kind of resigned to losing him at this point I just hope someone does a bit of reporting on this and explains what lead to him being sold because by all accounts from people on here he's quite a prospect. I'm sure there's a whole other side to this that we don't know about.

cmdub said:
I dunno I'm kind of resigned to losing him at this point I just hope someone does a bit of reporting on this and explains what lead to him being sold because by all accounts from people on here he's quite a prospect. I'm sure there's a whole other side to this that we don't know about.

In the end, it'd be the club having little choice - take a few million now or lose him for free next summer. That it has gotten to the point he has 1 year left on his contract is very disappointing. I dread the same situation in future with Pozo because he is a monstrous prospect and I'm sure Real Madrid wouldn't mind him back some day if he becomes a top talent. We have to nurture our best prospects much better - Suarez is a classic case of misuse, playing one more year in the stagnant reserve system than was necessary. Mancini giving him just 1 appearance last season may have made his mind up.

LoveCity said:
cmdub said:

In the end, it'd be the club having little choice - take a few million now or lose him for free next summer. That it has gotten to the point he has 1 year left on his contract is very disappointing. I dread the same situation in future with Pozo because he is a monstrous prospect and I'm sure Real Madrid wouldn't mind him back some day if he becomes a top talent. We have to nurture our best prospects much better - Suarez is a classic case of misuse, playing one more year in the stagnant reserve system than was necessary. Mancini giving him just 1 appearance last season may have made his mind up.

Has he been sold then? It seems a bit strange, he posted a picture on twitter yesterday with the hash tags #MCFC #FUTURE.

Dimarino said:
Has he been sold then? It seems a bit strange, he posted a picture on twitter yesterday with the hash tags #MCFC #FUTURE.

Not officially yet but the Spanish press seem to think it's as good as done.

Where did he post that picture? I can't see it on his Twitter.

LoveCity said:
Dimarino said:

Not officially yet but the Spanish press seem to think it's as good as done.

Where did he post that picture? I can't see it on his Twitter.
he's referring to this: <a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/Shaun__Reynolds/status/364034949688459268" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/Shaun__Reynolds/sta ... 9688459268</a>

which suarez RT'd

[/quote]

Pellegrini bought Isco as a 19 year old lad and made him a key player. He knows a player when he sees one. If he lets Suarez go and doesn't make much of it in the press the us fans know the deal, he's usually vocal when he loses a player.[/quote]
Good point..I always believed in suarez but I guess if pellegrini decides he's not a first team player then I trust his judgement..but I like to think he can be a star playmaker ..but I'm starting to think that maybe our academy and English football is not a suitable environment for a young inexperienced Spanish playmaker..to get experience in Spain first like Cazorla silva is one thing but they earned there reputations first..but I have to think Madrid and barca have gone after him for a reason..I hope

Pellegrini bought Isco as a 19 year old lad and made him a key player. He knows a player when he sees one. If he lets Suarez go and doesn't make much of it in the press the us fans know the deal, he's usually vocal when he loses a player.[/quote]
Good point..I always believed in suarez but I guess if pellegrini decides he's not a first team player then I trust his judgement..but I like to think he can be a star playmaker ..but I'm starting to think that maybe our academy and English football is not a suitable environment for a young inexperienced Spanish playmaker..to get experience in Spain first like Cazorla silva is one thing but they earned there reputations first..but I have to think Madrid and barca have gone after him for a reason..I hope[/quote]

Fabregas?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.