Our Suarez ...... not the racist one :)

City Watch ‏@City_Watch 1h

MD: Barca are willing to offer Suárez a 4-year deal with 3 of them in the B team and the 4th year in the main squad when he is about 23.

lol how could they guarantee him a first team spot in 4 years?

Don't fall for it, Denis.

tbh for his career i think he should move he isnt getting anywhere stuck in the reserves, he needs to be getting regular top class football. Not sure hed get that at barca though.

I cant see any young players getting a chance tbh aswell, despite what has been said. Take suarez he has jovetic, silva and nasri ahead of him

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
tbh for his career i think he should move he isnt getting anywhere stuck in the reserves, he needs to be getting regular top class football. Not sure hed get that at barca though.

He won't be playing reserve football if he stays at City. He'll either be around the first team or loaned to a major league.

So in no way is a move to Barcelona B (in Spain's equivalent to the Championship) really beneficial to him. He is much closer to City's first team than he would be Barcelona's.

Aren't you always clamoring for City to give youth a chance and when one of them may have the opening with Pellegrini + club vision + lack of left-sided talent, you say he should leave?

Blue Haze said:
City Watch ‏@City_Watch 1h

MD: Barca are willing to offer Suárez a 4-year deal with 3 of them in the B team and the 4th year in the main squad when he is about 23.

lol how could they guarantee him a first team spot in 4 years?

Don't fall for it, Denis.

They can't would be the obvious answer, but 2-3 years in the B team is probably what he would need to get up to the level, unless of course he had a standout season but there will other players in his position. If he did n't make the cut after a 3rd season then there would be no point having him around, Thiago Alcantara only started making regular appearances in the last two seasons. If it takes Suarez longer it is because his development stalled when we bought him, the worst thing we did was take him away from regular playing time. if we keep him we have to make up lost ground, if he goes to Barca B and has anything about him he will be their most influential midfielder within a year.

LoveCity said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

He won't be playing reserve football if he stays at City. He'll either be around the first team or loaned to a major league.

So in no way is a move to Barcelona B (in Spain's equivalent to the Championship) really beneficial to him. He is much closer to City's first team than he would be Barcelona's.

Aren't you always clamoring for City to give youth a chance and when one of them may have the opening with Pellegrini + club vision + lack of left-sided talent, you say he should leave?

If he stays at city he may get some fa cup games and carling cup games but i dont think he will play that much in the prem, honestly i think he would improve more in barcelonas b team than stay at us with regular game time in a competitive league. I agree it would help if he went on loan maybe to the dutch league like guidetti did.

Of course i want him to stay and do well, but i just dont want to see him like he has been stuck in the reserves with his career stalling. If he gets a proper chance then great, but with nasri, jovetic and silva ahead of him and lots of other midfielders ahead of him it will be struggle imo

Big decision this for him. Got an opportunity to go to one of the best clubs in the world or say at City where he could potentially guarantee a spot with this new mild obsession over youth.

Odd this one. Marca reported the other day that he'd spend a year with the B side before spending the next three years with the seniors. Mundo Deportivo now reporting the opposite?

Personally wary in believing either as 'Rosell's Barça' seems to believe that loaning players out is the way to develop youngsters after some time with Barça B, something that the previous graduates never did.

Don't see what the point is with developing talent if we can't even keep them. Pelligrini should at least talk to him and tell him he'll see first team football this year. Can't see how he'll get a better chance at Barca.

A loan deal for a year would be ideal, to a competitive club with a similar philosophy to ours.
This year is very important to Denis, it's time for him to show he is genuine first team material.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.